Question regarding Cunning for Commando.

DakotaRevolver

Help me Trooper forums, you're my only hope...

So, finding a lot of Trooper gear, especially cannons, with cunning on it. I'm wondering, is Cunning a better stats for healing commandos than Aim? I know both increase tech for a trooper, does Cunning increase it more? Anyone have any insight as to why there is so much trooper gear with Cunning, when it seems superior to gear for Aim?

thanks in advance.

Ok. So, any insight as to why so much trooper gear has cunning on it? By your logic, a cannon with cunning is totally useless, to ANYBODY, since troopers are the only ones that can use cannons.

Cunning improves tech. I KNOW aim does also (for a trooper), what I'm wondering is if cunning doesnt improve it by MORE than aim does, so that trooper gear with cunning would be "optimized" gear for healers?

Can you link something saying that troopers don't want cunning, ever? I can't find anything like that, anywhere on the forums, the swotor site, or through google.

I appreciate both of your posts, but I'd like a more definitive answer than "don't use cunning cuz I said so."

EDITED FOR SPELLING AND GRAMMAR.

Edited by DakotaRevolver

A lot of greens are randomly generated pieces, you can find some crazy stats on some stuff (defense and crit on a sniper rifle), generally they are useful. Assault Cannons with Cunning has to be more then just from random chance though, every green cannon I have found except one has had Cunning on it, that's over 20 so far.

It is probably a legacy issue from when Cunning and Aim were main stats for Troopers and Smugglers from beta. Even Elara's specific pistols are Cunning and not Aim. Cunning does give Tech which can improve healing but not as good as Aim because it also gives Crit plus bonus ranged damage.

They are correct it is random. it looks like all ranged weapons will either have cunning or aim. I am sure if you keep an eye out you will find a sniper rifle with Aim on it that is just as useless for the IA as the cannon you found with cunning.

I am sure you can also find a green double-lightsaber with str on it due to random stats.

Edited by Legionair

A lot of greens are randomly generated pieces, you can find some crazy stats on some stuff (defense and crit on a sniper rifle), generally they are useful. Assault Cannons with Cunning has to be more then just from random chance though, every green cannon I have found except one has had Cunning on it, that's over 20 so far.

It is probably a legacy issue from when Cunning and Aim were main stats for Troopers and Smugglers from beta. Even Elara's specific pistols are Cunning and not Aim. Cunning does give Tech which can improve healing but not as good as Aim because it also gives Crit plus bonus ranged damage.

Much more satisfying answer, i can live with it, thank you.