If you are a cathar, does someone acknowledge you by your race or are you sorted as

Deshiel

Imperial-aligned cathar get a special conversation with the cathar Imperial army officer on Makeb about setting a good example for their race and redeeming their species in the Empire's eyes, don't know about the Republic.

Imperial-aligned cathar get a special conversation with the cathar Imperial army officer on Makeb about setting a good example for their race and redeeming their species in the Empire's eyes, don't know about the Republic.

Thanks, good to know. I bought the race but I never got to play it. Maybe I will soon.

on the other hand. Not giving Arric Jordan any cathar to cathar dialogs smells like a grave lost oportunity.

Thanks, good to know. I bought the race but I never got to play it. Maybe I will soon.

on the other hand. Not giving Arric Jordan any cathar to cathar dialogs smells like a grave lost oportunity.

I'd imagine he does, especially if you romance him - he has a romance conversation where he explicitly talks about never expecting to fall in love with a non-cathar and that you'll have to adopt kids since your species can't interbreed. Presumably that conversation changes significantly for cathar troopers.

I'd imagine he does, especially if you romance him - he has a romance conversation where he explicitly talks about never expecting to fall in love with a non-cathar and that you'll have to adopt kids since your species can't interbreed. Presumably that conversation changes significantly for cathar troopers.
Ran a f!Cathar Commando through the Aric Jorgan romance, and he does NOT recognize the fact that you are Cathar...

...which is a shame, for all sorts of reasons, but Playable Cathar was released close to three years after Jorgan's dialogue was recorded, so I can't say I'm terribly surprised.

Yeah it sucks :< I haven't played all the way through as a Cathar but I've played enough to have random people explain to me what a Cathar is even though I'm a Cathar...

I really wish they would have recorded a few lines of dialogue (even like 3-5 lines and answers on each side) special for the Cathar and put it into the game during certain parts ex:

-On Ord Mantell when the officer is explaining what a Cathar is

-On imp Taris where you have to wipe out the Cathar settlers (similar to when Chiss agent gets a special Chiss line when asked to cover up the murder of a Chiss diplomat)

-To replace Jorgan calling you a non-Cathar

-on Imp Belsavis where you rescue the Cathar prince

I mean if they can have the NPC voice actors re used in every expansion and the companion voice actors return to comment about Makeb, Rishi, and Yavin I don't see why they couldn't have added a little nod at the Cathar species. Besides, the price for buying the species is high and they pretty much look like humans with face paint rather than like the Cathar NPCs so race nods would help make it worth the cost.

Edited by Nefla