Buying Optimized PvE 198s with Commendations

MasterAtin

I'm a little bit ticked at this, because ultimate commendations are supposed to buy the best PvE gear in the game. Nope. We lied. :mad:

There are, as we all know, different kinds of mods. I'm speaking specifically about the enhancements. Whether you're a tank/healer/dps, endurance is bad if you can replace it with defensive/offensive/healing stats. There are easily 192 mods that are more effective than contrasting 198 mods. It's kinda ridiculous. I'd rather pay 140 ult comms for a SINGLE optimized (for corresponding role) enhancement rather than the whole chest piece. It's honestly cheaper. Wouldn't have to spend credits to remove the enhancement.

Also, throughout the entirety of the game, sub level 60 toons can buy optimized mods with basic commendations. However, when you reach level 60, well that's a whole new level of weird economics. I understand that you can get optimized gear tokens via operations, which boosts incentive to do so. That's great. But it's inconsistent. For PvP, you can buy mods and enhancements. Any and all kinds it's completely crazy. You can get an enhancement with defense rating and alacrity. WHOA WHOA WHOA! Mind Blown!!!! That's completely weird

Heaven forbid if the same cannot be done with 198s. I would be more likely to spend 200 ult comms on a single mod. Hell, even 300 for an enhancement. If this rustles your jimmies, move along. This isn't the post you're looking for.

I'm a little bit ticked at this, because ultimate commendations are supposed to buy the best PvE gear in the game. Nope. We lied. :mad:

There are, as we all know, different kinds of mods. I'm speaking specifically about the enhancements. Whether you're a tank/healer/dps, endurance is bad if you can replace it with defensive/offensive/healing stats. There are easily 192 mods that are more effective than contrasting 198 mods. It's kinda ridiculous. I'd rather pay 140 ult comms for a SINGLE optimized (for corresponding role) enhancement rather than the whole chest piece. It's honestly cheaper. Wouldn't have to spend credits to remove the enhancement.

Also, throughout the entirety of the game, sub level 60 toons can buy optimized mods with basic commendations. However, when you reach level 60, well that's a whole new level of weird economics. I understand that you can get optimized gear tokens via operations, which boosts incentive to do so. That's great. But it's inconsistent. For PvP, you can buy mods and enhancements. Any and all kinds it's completely crazy. You can get an enhancement with defense rating and alacrity. WHOA WHOA WHOA! Mind Blown!!!! That's completely weird

Heaven forbid if the same cannot be done with 198s. I would be more likely to spend 200 ult comms on a single mod. Hell, even 300 for an enhancement. If this rustles your jimmies, move along. This isn't the post you're looking for.

Heaven forbid that the best available mods outside of OP's require more effort and cost than "leveling" mods.

It is easier, though, to express indignation and demand that BW let you just spend a few comms and be fully and optimally geared in 198's without ever having to set foot in an OP, or worry about the cost to swap mods to optimize your gear.