Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Fallen Empire effect on World PvP?

TitusOfTides

I know there is not much info out yet, but does anyone have an idea as to what their plans for this are? What I have found seems to indicate that instead of a third faction being implemented, we might be reduced down to one faction and have a "common enemy" storyline going on. Regardless of my opinion on this matter, I am curious if anyone knows whether or not this will eliminate what is left of open world PvP? It may be sporadic, but the last month or so has really brought a spike of players on worlds while questing and is exactly why I (or any of us who have, I imagine) chose to play on a PvP server. These moments are some of the best experiences I have had while playing the game, and would really hate to see this get lost - almost as much as I would hate losing my character names with a server merge.

Does anyone know if this is really their solution to long queue times, and if so is this trading one bad deal for another?

Edited by TitusOfTides

Could it be possible that if there were some method to control world pvp by preventing singular mass hotspots, (different incentives/rewards for participation in different areas partnered with timed events perhaps) it might work better than previous concepts?

I have the same worry.

I have been faithful to SWTOR till now, for 2 reasons:

Fantastic storylines, made with care. And a good World PvP system, which permited me to play Jedi and Sith.

I consider the stories finished. Because the last expansions were good, but short. And the new one, seems absolutely artificial, imo.

So i am just waiting for news about whats coming for PvP. If nothing is coming, or worse, more is taken from us, i wont have any reason to continue playing.

I want them to be completely clear about PvP.

Edited by leonlotus

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.