Rep/Imp same faction? = cross faction ops & FP ?

Liandreyin

Heya guys!

I have a hard time figuring this out, what will happen here?

Will all be merged at a new space hub where sorcs and troopers can be in the same ops group for example?

Sorry if this is covered elsewhere havent been able to find any discussions about it

It really does not make any sense. How are they going to reuse the old FPs and Ops when the story is supposedly an unnamed number of years into the future? How are WZs going to happen when the Republic and Empire are both defeated?

I do not think they thought this idea through.

Agreed.

Some key elements are missing here imo.

Story is an important aspect of the game for me of course but what keeps me playing is ops, fps and wz.

Would very much like to know what will happen if we are all outlanders and quite possibly in the same faction.

Bounty hunters and sages or scoundrels and juggernauts in the same group would be cool though!

It really does not make any sense. How are they going to reuse the old FPs and Ops when the story is supposedly an unnamed number of years into the future? How are WZs going to happen when the Republic and Empire are both defeated?

FPs and Operations have long been separate from the story continuity. I don't see why that would suddenly matter more after October than it matters now.

I don't know why you think that the factions are merging. Nowhere does it say that, or imply it.

For me it kinda does to be honest.

There is no mention of seperate outlander stories only different ways to get to the End of the road.

Republic is gone the empire is gone..

Unless your char rebuilds its own faction at the End of course.

Edited by Liandreyin

I don't think they are merging factions...

You'll be an Imperial OR Republic Veteran of the war... the existing FP/Ops will be you basically reminiscing about the war (essentially), back when there was an Empire and a Republic.

KOFE is a single player campaign set in the future of where we are today... the existing story line will be the past... and you may relive your past... but its not getting a ton of attention (other than retuning it for the new level cap).

You'll be an Imperial OR Republic Veteran of the war... the existing FP/Ops will be you basically reminiscing about the war (essentially), back when there was an Empire and a Republic.

KOFE is a single player campaign set in the future of where we are today... the existing story line will be the past... and you may relive your past... but its not getting a ton of attention (other than retuning it for the new level cap).

Well what about new content down the line?

I can buy your argument about reliving the past.

For me it kinda does to be honest.

There is no mention of seperate outlander stories only different ways to get to the End of the road.

Republic is gone the empire is gone..

Unless your char rebuilds its own faction at the of course.

It doesn't say they're "gone", it says they have "fallen", after the "Fall of Rome", Rome, Roman soldiers, and the Roman Empire all still existed. Their military has been defeated and the two factions have withdrew to their worlds to protect them, I'm sure that is all that it means.

FPs and Operations have long been separate from the story continuity. I don't see why that would suddenly matter more after October than it matters now.

No they haven't. All Ops thus far with the exception of Ravagers have advanced the story.

Well what about new content down the line?

I can buy your argument about reliving the past.

Oh I think there will be MMO'esque additions (FP's and Operations for example), and I think potentially that will be cross-faction (although I somehow doubt it).

It doesn't say they're "gone", it says they have "fallen", after the "Fall of Rome", Rome, Roman soldiers, and the Roman Empire all still existed. Their military has been defeated and the two factions have withdrew to their worlds to protect them, I'm sure that is all that it means.

Something new came out of the roman empire once it fell 😀

But I see your point.

Everything before whatever happens at the end of the Ziost line will remain in this current time-frame. Once you go into the KotFE quest arc you will be going into a future period.

1-60 as it is now, should remain as it is now. Which means that all of the 1-60 PvP brackets will still be there. I highly doubt that they will make current "at-level" ops and FPs unavailable, my take is that they are just going to basically HM the lower level stuff to bring it up to level 60 (kinda like HM Black Talon/Esseles - they still exist as lowbie content, but also as level 50-55 content).

With regard to WZs for PvP tier 61-64 and 65; we are still going to be Imperial Bounty Hunters or Republic Troopers. The way they structure new arenas could be different but I doubt it. As it stands there has never been a PvP instanced zone that is only for level-X. This leads me to believe that the (team) structure of PvP will remain largely unchanged.

"after the "Fall of Rome", Rome, Roman soldiers, and the Roman Empire all still existed."

As somebody already said..after Fall of Rome there wasn´t Roman empire anymore. As there will be no more Republic, no more Empire. At main point there will be no conflict between them and ppl will be forced to think as they are all part of one faction;) Which will makes warzones and GSF really weird to play..because there will be no "reason" to fight anymore.

"KOFE is a single player campaign set in the future of where we are today."

No it is not. They will move Game main story line forward, so there will be no comeback. It affects all together not only you and your chars.;) As somebody in forums post and idea, maybe there will be 3 fleets: Rep, Imps (for those who not reach exp. yet) and Outlander one.

- which is a crazy idea but who knows..;))

Edited by XaronTN

Even as of Chapter 5, all of the events of every Warzone except Huttball and the Arenas has happened. Those wars are over now. The same is true for the operations. Scum and Villainy can still be run, although it is stated to players directly that the final boss of that operation was killed.

Respectfully, I don't see your point here. This is standard MMO suspension of disbelief.

You consciously don't mention FPs.

They don't matter, right ?

Flashpoints have never advanced the story line with the exception of the prelude to the shadow of revan ones and Ilum. They have always been pertinent to the story, giving more details and other side stories however all operations minus Ravagers have advanced the story.

Then explain why A.... The Empire and Republic are being outright Destroyed instead of story similar to what we have had since SoR dropped and B... Why it may be necessary to "betray" companions.

I know this is a sore spot for people but when you look at every...the fact that there is only "Outlander" faction coming in October and the fact they said "better than cross-server" was going to used to address queue issues, I would bet a week's salary that they are going to do what EQ2, RIFT and many others did before... Eliminate factions.

As for the FPs...no one is talking about the Story Mode ones "early on"... They are talking about the ones you can queue for now. These are not like the early ones (Foundry, Tempest etc). For the early level toons they still exist in that earlier time (firmly).

What I love is this...people are using this strawman to support denial BUT they aren't saying " HTF is it going to make sense I am doing an OP and Killing Revan when he has been dead for years?" The idea of the story being important as relates to the FPs and OPs is already going to be DEAD regardless so how does faction matter even a little?

I'll wait.

Edited by Ghisallo

Flashpoints have never advanced the story line with the exception of the prelude to the shadow of revan ones and Ilum. They have always been pertinent to the story, giving more details and other side stories however all operations minus Ravagers have advanced the story.

You're forgetting Revan mid-leveling FPs.

You're forgetting Revan mid-leveling FPs.

Read my bit about how the story there already makes no sense even if it matters since Revan is long dead. People are being myopic to avoid a hard truth..."better than cross server" is "cross faction."

"better than cross server" is "cross faction."

Is it though? My first thought was "yep, cross faction". But even if all cross-faction stuff happened post-60, there's still plethora of issues. Fleets & their chats and guilds ships and their chats. How would that be solved for first? We may have jumped to "cross-faction" conclusion too fast

Edited by Pietrastor

Read my bit about how the story there already makes no sense even if it matters since Revan is long dead. People are being myopic to avoid a hard truth..."better than cross server" is "cross faction."

I agree, and there's also another reason that makes it plausible.

Nearly all the Flashpoints AND Operations are not Pub vs Imp. They are Pub or Imp vs something else.

Warzones already have same faction simulations, so it's not like much would change there.

Heck I'd be 100% behind this except for one thing, how is open world going to be handled? That's literally the only part that I'm not sure of, but the rest I only see as beneficial for this game.

Everything before whatever happens at the end of the Ziost line will remain in this current time-frame. Once you go into the KotFE quest arc you will be going into a future period.

1-60 as it is now, should remain as it is now. Which means that all of the 1-60 PvP brackets will still be there. I highly doubt that they will make current "at-level" ops and FPs unavailable, my take is that they are just going to basically HM the lower level stuff to bring it up to level 60 (kinda like HM Black Talon/Esseles - they still exist as lowbie content, but also as level 50-55 content).

With regard to WZs for PvP tier 61-64 and 65; we are still going to be Imperial Bounty Hunters or Republic Troopers. The way they structure new arenas could be different but I doubt it. As it stands there has never been a PvP instanced zone that is only for level-X. This leads me to believe that the (team) structure of PvP will remain largely unchanged.

But what about the fact that they are recycling all the old Ops and FPs to level 65?

Even as of Chapter 5, all of the events of every Warzone except Huttball and the Arenas has happened. Those wars are over now. The same is true for the operations. Scum and Villainy can still be run, although it is stated to players directly that the final boss of that operation was killed.

Respectfully, I don't see your point here. This is standard MMO suspension of disbelief.

The point is that that stuff is not current content and can therefore be "dismissed" as already having happened. The fact that they are recycling all the old content to level 65 makes it harder to digest, as level 65 stuff should be occurring in the timeline when the player is level 65.