Theran Shan?

GorkieX

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is what I chose for mine.

I have two looks for him, I'm having a hard time picking a winner lol.

Here is his 'work' look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/TheronWork_zpsnh4hg4j4.jpg

And here is his dress uniform look.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v509/Lunafox13/TheronDressUniform_zpsqzlquqdx.jpg

Imgur links below:

dress uniform: http://i.imgur.com/7QCRlGx.jpg

work: http://i.imgur.com/Q4fnQ0q.jpg

my Jedi and Theron

http://imgur.com/a/soxZ9

Edited by Lunafox

I am having lots of fun making Theron, my beautiful Sorceress's fiance, a living breathing "ken doll"!

While I am far too lazy to post pics (at the moment) perhaps, later on, I will do so!

so far he has two complete outfits. the first is more or less similar to his default jacket but with dark red and black over white and no sleeves or ugly shoulder pads... so I guess it is more of a vest? the rest of his clothes for this outfit are less spy and more casual!

the second and by far my favorite is what I call, "Theron is ready for fun in the sun at the upcoming beach view stronghold" they teased. so please hurry up Bioware!

I used the basic men's trunks underwear and died it black combined with the energy armour and the feet wrappings from the xxoan or however you spell it to create his vacation wear!

I look forward to coming home from work today to play some dress up. ;)

I was out of town so it was a nice surprise coming back to get to change out his armor. Is there a reason why only Theron can be changed and not Lana? Well right now he is sporting the Troublemaker's Armor and it looks quite nice. I will stow away his original outfit if I want to change it back but I like this new look on him so far.

I was out of town so it was a nice surprise coming back to get to change out his armor. Is there a reason why only Theron can be changed and not Lana? Well right now he is sporting the Troublemaker's Armor and it looks quite nice. I will stow away his original outfit if I want to change it back but I like this new look on him so far.

I think it's because Theron's model is the one they used since vanilla swtor, where the characters were built more like dolls; while Lana's, Keith's, Senya'm, etc. are more like action figures.

Addendum: To make Lana and Koth customizable will mean revising their character models.

Edited by vadess

Well I at least am glad , as the local pessimist, to be wrong :) only upside to expecting the worst, I'm rarely disappointed and often happily excited when wrong.

I think it's because Theron's model is the one they used since vanilla swtor, where the characters were built more like dolls; while Lana's, Keith's, Senya'm, etc. are more like action figures.

Addendum: To make Lana and Koth customizable will mean revising their character models.

People used this excuse as to why Theron's outfit wasn't customisable or showing right on preview window back when KotFE came out too, saying they all had unique models and clothing glued to their models. I don't think it holds any truth anymore seeing as Theron is now with a customisable outfit. It's more likely they're only doing a couple of new companions at a time in terms of allowing customisation outfits.

Edited by Asmodesu

Well I at least am glad , as the local pessimist, to be wrong :) only upside to expecting the worst, I'm rarely disappointed and often happily excited when wrong.

People used this excuse as to why Theron's outfit wasn't customisable or showing right on preview window back when KotFE came out too, saying they all had unique models and clothing glued to their models. I don't think it holds any truth anymore seeing as Theron is now with a customisable outfit. It's more likely they're only doing a couple of new companions at a time in terms of allowing customisation outfits.

Actually, if I had to guess, they probably had to recreate Theron's clothes and face to match old-style companion equipment, hence why they can't do it for all of the new companions at once. I have no idea for real, but it seems to be the only reason they'd do it piecemeal like this.

Then again, it was possible to preview different outfits on him before, right (and/or is it possible with Lana now)? I suppose that wouldn't be possible if his normal get-up was part of the character model.

Actually, if I had to guess, they probably had to recreate Theron's clothes and face to match old-style companion equipment, hence why they can't do it for all of the new companions at once. I have no idea for real, but it seems to be the only reason they'd do it piecemeal like this.

Then again, it was possible to preview different outfits on him before, right (and/or is it possible with Lana now)? I suppose that wouldn't be possible if his normal get-up was part of the character model.

Like with Theron prior to the patch change, some outfits previewed perfect on him while others had his jacket in the way when previewing. Lana has the same problem still, outfit in preview window is shown fully clipping her current clothing. Theron used to have a couple of chest items that in preview removed his jacket, mostly revealing types but not all, but I haven't stumble don one that does this to Lana's outfit yet.

He doesn't look any different as per face and body, and based on trying to preview other outfits on Theron prior to patch and Lana/Koth today the "clothes clipped to the model" theory is my best guess as to what they need to change (scrub the clothes off the body model, since the previews that work show the body model is there still - abs, stomach textures whatever) and why it is taking some time.

Edited by Asmodesu

Hmm, I remember being able to preview other clothes on Theron the way you could on the original companions and yourself and it working like normal but trying to preview things on Lana, Koth, and Arcann the clothes layer over their existing clothes and the two clip through each other and their hair doesn't disappear under hats or hoods, it clips through. So there might just be something to that unique character models with clothes a part of the model idea.

• 2 weeks later...
If your toon breaks up with Theron in SOR, can he/she still romance him in KOTFE?

Yes, just like if you never flirted with him on SoR at all you still can romance him in KotFE. He returns in chapter 9 of KotFE.

detailed to how to start the romance if needed.

Choose at least one of the two flirt options from his arrival in chapter 9, directly after your character's speech and/or in the war room, (just to be sure, some of my characters that had the SoR romance did not need to do this bit, but might as well to make sure not to miss it.)

that way in the Cantina cutscene, after the war room one, there will be " {flirt} I want to speak with one of you " dialogue wheel option. choose it, not the non-flirt version, and if you flirted with more then one person in KotFE (so Lana/Koth) make sure to choose the right person in the dialogue wheel after they ask who you want to chat to.

then choose the flirt option when the your character and him are alone to start the romance.

Yes, just like if you never flirted with him on SoR at all you still can romance him in KotFE. He returns in chapter 9 of KotFE.

detailed to how to start the romance if needed.

Choose at least one of the two flirt options from his arrival in chapter 9, directly after your character's speech and/or in the war room, (just to be sure, some of my characters that had the SoR romance did not need to do this bit, but might as well to make sure not to miss it.)

that way in the Cantina cutscene, after the war room one, there will be " {flirt} I want to speak with one of you " dialogue wheel option. choose it, not the non-flirt version, and if you flirted with more then one person in KotFE (so Lana/Koth) make sure to choose the right person in the dialogue wheel after they ask who you want to chat to.

then choose the flirt option when the your character and him are alone to start the romance.

Thanks! I chose the first option and ended up with this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TftIBgms8fZkRtUVVtWkwxUEU/view

You could've at least given Theron a rock to stand on, Bioware.....

Edited by Venn_Dras

Thanks! I chose the first option and ended up with this.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0TftIBgms8fZkRtUVVtWkwxUEU/view

You could've at least given Theron a rock to stand on, Bioware.....

LMAO XD makes me wonder what that scene would look like if your character is a male BT1? (My trooper who romanced him is one but the scene is different and you don't see their full bodies together ever) Like would it be like Theron and a female (not BT3) PC or would Theron be awkwardly crouching like that? XD

lmao. as awkward as it looks I actually applaud bioware for giving each body type a specific kissing animation rather then one size fits all. Poor animator was probably thinking "how the ** am I supposed to make this pair work.... ..."

lmao. as awkward as it looks I actually applaud bioware for giving each body type a specific kissing animation rather then one size fits all. Poor animator was probably thinking "how the ** am I supposed to make this pair work.... ..."

It would have been awesome if they'd modeled a pose for each pairing, like having a really tall one bending down believably and/or the short one standing on their toes the weird crouching knees seem like something done by a computer based on the guideline of having the character's faces even with each other. So many adorable poses wasted. All those close up kissing shots where Theron and my BT 1 trooper where the trooper is above I just imagine it as Theron lifting him off the ground lol

Edited by Nefla