LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN. Carbonite Time jump.

Magnusheart

Quoted on Dulfy.

Very early on in Knights of Fallen Empire, you are frozen in carbonite. When you are awoken, years have passed and you quickly learn that Empire/Republic as you have known have all fallen.

You have to find your old companions and adventure with new companions in a very personal story.

The story picks up right from end of the trailer. You are an Outlander. You can either use existing level 60 characters or create a new level 60 character right from the start.

Brand new companions and new stories with new companions.

New iconic abilities for each class, everything you can expect from a Bioware RPG when you level up.

We lose everything that isnt on our person it seems. (STORY WISE) CAN I PLEASE ASK CAN WE GET NEW CLASS SHIPS....PLEASE?

This is the ultimate moment to offer us the ability of getting new class ships post Zakul empire, and be able to use other ships if we so choose, or even able to go to our existing one.

Edited by Magnusheart

There is no information about what we keep and what not, how it'll effect the old world, etc.

Actually, I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll lose everything that wasn't on our person. That would just piss people off.

I doubt you will.

Think of it more as a plot device to explain massive changes to the game's setting, plot, and cast. You'll likely retain your strongholds, ships, cargo bays, etc. I imagine you'll even get most/all of the original companion crew back as well.

Edited by Treeba

I'm curious if that's how Nico Ocarr becomes one of your possible companions (although a sub only rewards for certain time) maybe he is part of the crew that unfreezes you and helps you back on your feet maybe?

Oh great. Supposed to be some awesomely scary evil Sith dude, get used as a wall decoration until rescued by a geriatric smuggler. Maybe the Sith storyline will be subtitled 'So humiliated-Grumpier than normal' :rak_03:

I'm curious if that's how Nico Ocarr becomes one of your possible companions (although a sub only rewards for certain time) maybe he is part of the crew that unfreezes you and helps you back on your feet maybe?

Pretty sure you will be able to unlock Nico through CM should you miss the subscribe by 31st July line.

Also, no idea why, but what you wrote sounded awfully lot like the first episodes of Andromeda

I dont know. My concern is, will I be able to have the companions run with me with most of the story or will I have to end up trudging along with one or two and wait for those other ones. Risha was awesome cause she helped drive the smuggler story. Bowdaar was a rescuee, somewhat alright. Akaavi was ..... there...and.... now she is there same with Gus, though they both got tidbits of story driving but ... they was lacking where the first one. Corso got to run around several worlds before meeting a new companion. I havent done Agent and hear that they take even longer to reach a second to enjoy going around with.

In essence, if we have to find them, please dont make ten planet gaps from one to the next and then almost no gaps for the lasts ones due to barely class missions left to go along with them anymore. This is via world missions and all side missions being done too, still lacking versus that first one. Knight not so bad, get two pretty quickly. Third should of been on the world on now and not the next going to... or is it next two? meh.... too much of a gap and not enough story left to go with the rest of the companions is my problem. Yes, side missions was alright but versus that first companion?

Cause I wont romance most companions, keep missing out on good boosts with that part too.

Actually I'm more curious how they're gonna explain 8 very different people getting trapped/secured for years.

Empire's Wrath? Betrayed by Quinn, we all knew this was goign to happen!

Sith Council member? Stuck in Khem's stasis field after losing a bet.

Super Spy? Frozen on purpose to fight this new Empire from the inside once all believe him/her dead.

Bounty Hunter? Was sold out by Fatbastard, you know who I mean.

Master Jedi? Traps him/herself along the last body the Emperor held.

Smuggler? Slipped on a space banana and ended up in carbonite.

Consular? Put in stasis thanks to vision from the Voss as to keep him/her safe.

Havoc leader? Crashes on Hoth after taking an experimental super soldier serum.

Actually I'm more curious how they're gonna explain 8 very different people getting trapped/secured for years.

Empire's Wrath? Betrayed by Quinn, we all knew this was goign to happen!

Sith Council member? Stuck in Khem's stasis field after losing a bet.

Super Spy? Frozen on purpose to fight this new Empire from the inside once all believe him/her dead.

Bounty Hunter? Was sold out by Fatbastard, you know who I mean.

Master Jedi? Traps him/herself along the last body the Emperor held.

Smuggler? Slipped on a space banana and ended up in carbonite.

Consular? Put in stasis thanks to vision from the Voss as to keep him/her safe.

Havoc leader? Crashes on Hoth after taking an experimental super soldier serum.

They're not.

In the story, only 'one' person gets frozen. That frozen person becomes known as the Outlander and is the sole hero of that story.

Just like we have hundreds of thousands of Emperor's Wraths, and we have hundreds of thousands of Cypher Nines, we'll have many hundreds of thousands of those sole Outlander heroes.

Oh great. Supposed to be some awesomely scary evil Sith dude, get used as a wall decoration until rescued by a geriatric smuggler. Maybe the Sith storyline will be subtitled 'So humiliated-Grumpier than normal' :rak_03:

If this is what happens, I can guarantee my Sith will go on a rampage of colossal proportions :p

They're not.

In the story, only 'one' person gets frozen. That frozen person becomes known as the Outlander and is the sole hero of that story.

Just like we have hundreds of thousands of Emperor's Wraths, and we have hundreds of thousands of Cypher Nines, we'll have many hundreds of thousands of those sole Outlander heroes.

Yes, in the story only one person get's frozen, but you need a scenario on how this happens to each class because the "Outlander" can be any of those 8 classes".

So all 8 will need a story reason to end up in stasis/carbonite for years.

There is no information about what we keep and what not, how it'll effect the old world, etc.

Actually, I SERIOUSLY doubt we'll lose everything that wasn't on our person. That would just piss people off.

The very fact that they are giving subs "gifts" like a new companion, new sets of blasters, etc. as they gear up to the ExPat indicates we do *not* lose our possessions (other than probably our ship). There would be no point in gifting us a pair of blasters we'll lose right away.

My guess is that we lose things tied to the story, but not the items. Imagine players that have spent hundreds if not thousands of RL cash and then end up with nothing :tran_wink:

Time will tell what will happen but I am sure that I will not lose the items I have bought

The very fact that they are giving subs "gifts" like a new companion, new sets of blasters, etc. as they gear up to the ExPat indicates we do *not* lose our possessions (other than probably our ship). There would be no point in gifting us a pair of blasters we'll lose right away.

Maybe we do start with nothing but what we had on and then the very 1st, quite easy mission, is to salvage our old ship which gives us access to our cargo hold, droid companions and Nico who receive a beacon when you re-started your ship or something.

Yes, in the story only one person get's frozen, but you need a scenario on how this happens to each class because the "Outlander" can be any of those 8 classes".

So all 8 will need a story reason to end up in stasis/carbonite for years.

They are sent on a mission someplace, and find out "IT'S A TRAP!" too late. We get sold to a pissed off Hutt from Hutt Cartel who is more then happy to have revenge on us after we interfered on Makeb, and we stay in carbonite until our new first potential companion releases us to help them save the galaxy.

It's not really the problem you are making it out to be.

They are sent on a mission someplace, and find out "IT'S A TRAP!" too late. We get sold to a pissed off Hutt from Hutt Cartel who is more then happy to have revenge on us after we interfered on Makeb, and we stay in carbonite until our new first potential companion releases us to help them save the galaxy.

It's not really the problem you are making it out to be.

maybe it comes to be when we're finally springing a trap on the Emperor.

Remember, the Wrath knows how to trap the Emperor. He rescued the Emperor from being imprisoned on Voss.