The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Healing/Support Disciplines for Companions

It would be great if some more companions could fulfill a support role, when the game was in development the developers said they created way more DPS specs than tank/healing specs because they said most players wanted to play damage.

However there are not many companions that can perform a healing role for those DPS players, you only have one healing companion per class, the idea would be to have a way to turn DPS companions into healing companions and they could sell these new companion disciplines through the GTN, for example.

But it's just an idea, the important thing is that it would be of great value for me if more companions could heal, the specifics on how to implement and monetize it, I leave to Bioware.

It would be great if some more companions could fulfill a support role, when the game was in development the developers said they created way more DPS specs than tank/healing specs because they said most players wanted to play damage.

However there are not many companions that can perform a healing role for those DPS players, you only have one healing companion per class, the idea would be to have a way to turn DPS companions into healing companions and they could sell these new companion disciplines through the GTN, for example.

But it's just an idea, the important thing is that it would be of great value for me if more companions could heal, the specifics on how to implement and monetize it, I leave to Bioware.

each class has the exact same number of companions and types. 1 ranged tank, 1 melee tank, 1 ranged dps, 1 melee dps, 1 healer. Add in Treek who is also a tank/healer you have multiple options.

getting customizable loadouts for companions was something they played with but ultimately abandoned for story reasons.

To be fair, though. Healing companions are alot less essential nowadays than they used to be.

That said, i'd still love for something like this to get implemented. :p

Heh, still essential for me - I'm really bad with willpower classes, my Deception Assassin needed lots of healing in that solo flashpoint with the Torch. Heck, even the pirates were tough sometimes.

Heh, still essential for me - I'm really bad with willpower classes, my Deception Assassin needed lots of healing in that solo flashpoint with the Torch. Heck, even the pirates were tough sometimes.

Ouch.. I only really still find them to be a must with my marauder/sent.

Mostly because i'm too lazy to ever use cooldowns while soloing, though. xD

Find tanking comps to be much more useful for my Sin when i'm deception specced.. More stabby teim!