The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding the Cybernetic Sets

Cnids

So, I think I can safely say the cybernetic sets are the bane of many pack-buyer's experiences. They're not the most attractive sets, they're usually lopsided, they make your character look naked, and they're repeated ad nauseum.

That said, I think you're missing out on a huge opportunity with the sets - droid armor! Instead of having the cybernetic sets with exposed skin bits, make some of them that are full metal so people can use them to create droid characters. I personally do a lot of droid RP, and I know a lot of other people who would be thrilled to have more options for making droid characters.

The full-droid sets like the first cybernetic series (the visor helmed combat-droid ones) and one set of the second series (the grey, protocol-droid-like ones) are really popular, and I was personally very disappointed to see the third cybernetic series as "cyborg only". Yeah, you can use the feet and the hands as droid parts (and I see a lot of players doing this), but the legs, chest, and head are pretty much useless.

I and many others would be happy campers if we were given more options for droid armor. :)

I swear that every time I open a pack it's cybernetic armor or stripper gear. I'd rather we just dumped them both and started getting better stuff *CoughMandoArmorCough*.

Still waiting for Scrolling UV/Light up/Clear visors for already existing mando/trooper helmets. that would be so dope.

• 2 weeks later...
I still use bits and pieces off of the new sets (The B-200 Feet and B-100 Gloves actually go pretty well with my Full Cybernetic Set) However, the current iterations of the Cybernetic Sets are honestly pretty bad with BioWare deciding that 'Cybernetic' means 'Racy Android' than 'Robotic Components/Armor' Edited by Kuronan

I really don't know why Bioware seem to think people are asking for yet another cybernetic armour set, I never see anybody on the fleet or while questing using the stuff and personally I always simply delete them when I see I get a piece in a cartel pack without opening them.