Just a question about ops gear

Rypemonkey

So i'm fresh lvl 60 with 190 blue gear mostly just wondering if it be smart to get what 55 ops gear i can and put the mods on it so i get the gear set bonus until i have the gear to do the hm ops and get the higher ops gear?:rak_02:

put augments and go doing SM ops for lvl 60, you'll get 192 optimized gear in tokens and good 192 enhancements from the mk-2 drops, and if you are broke just use GF and you can go with worse gear than yours, which is above sm recommended (186)

Full 186 gear with 186 augments is sufficient for SM ops. In full 190 Ziost gear you can save some money and use blue 178 augments.

Wait on the fleet for someone to search for both Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice SM. Whisper your role and that you are new. Or you can actively search for a group on fleet chat. Don't be disappointed when you are turned down, some people don't want to explain stuff.

When you know all bosses perfectly and you are fully 192 equipped with purple 186 augments you can start looking for Sparky/Malaphar HM groups. After you have some 198 gear from those two bosses you can try to run Bulo, Sword Squadron and maybe Underlurker and Revanite Comnanders. You won't get any further with random groups, but with that much experience you will have a rather easy time finding a good guild.

So don't bother with the other ops gear unless i want to use if for the appearance customization?

The only old gear that is viable at level 60 is Dread Fortress and Dread Palace Nightmare. It's better than any level 60 186 gear you can find but worse than 190 Ziost gear. And It's far easier to do the 60 SMs.

So yes, all ops apart from Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice don't give good gear for 60s.

Everything has been said but just a little side note: some classes benefit from older set bonus pieces from 55 ops, for example 2pc for sawbones scoundrels is good with combination with new 4pc set bonus and is generally better than whole new 6pc set (this may change in 3.3).

Quick side note: granted that it was a guild run, i tanked both operations until the final bosses in hm in pvp gear (168/174 rating with endurance augments).

Don't worry about your gear, make sure you rack up as much experience as you can.

Full 186 gear with 186 augments is sufficient for SM ops. In full 190 Ziost gear you can save some money and use blue 178 augments.

Wait on the fleet for someone to search for both Ravagers and Temple of Sacrifice SM. Whisper your role and that you are new. Or you can actively search for a group on fleet chat. Don't be disappointed when you are turned down, some people don't want to explain stuff.

When you know all bosses perfectly and you are fully 192 equipped with purple 186 augments you can start looking for Sparky/Malaphar HM groups. After you have some 198 gear from those two bosses you can try to run Bulo, Sword Squadron and maybe Underlurker and Revanite Comnanders. You won't get any further with random groups, but with that much experience you will have a rather easy time finding a good guild.

^^^ Follow this ^^^ and you shouldn't have a problem, great post..

Quick side note: granted that it was a guild run, i tanked both operations until the final bosses in hm in pvp gear (168/174 rating with endurance augments).

Don't worry about your gear, make sure you rack up as much experience as you can.

Sure. Everyone will believe this.