How much damage does Defense screen absorb?

Technohic

I believe it's similar to the math calculated regarding the sorc/sages bubble so technically, the defensive screen should work the same way. I don't remember exactly, but it's some fraction of bonus tech (for our class) times Endurance.

So in PvP, with about full ranked gear I believe mine (without the 30% defensive screen buff) shields about 8-9k. In PvE gear this is bumped up to about 10-11k.

I'll be raiding today, so when I pull up starparse (assuming I get hit for a full defensive screen) it'll tell me how much it shielded. I tried to find the math again, but I don't really know where to look :\

Edited by Camelpockets

So in PvP, with about full ranked gear I believe mine (without the 30% defensive screen buff) shields about 8-9k.

Pretty sure it is considerably less than that without the utility and power/mainstat procs in pvp.

Pretty sure it is considerably less than that without the utility and power/mainstat procs in pvp.

It's at least 6k, and I think I might have even seen a 10k heal beforeo n my slinger, so I'm underestimating if anything.

Edit: yeah I'm over estimating a little. In PvE gear, (full 198s with 192 mh) it absorbs between 9-10k. So PvP this should be between 7-8k

Edited by Camelpockets

I think I might have even seen a 10k heal beforeo n my slinger, so I'm underestimating if anything.

I was gonna say the same thing about going into PvP and just see how much it absorbs for at the end of the round, but I'm pretty sure I heard the absorption from Ballistic Dampeners counts as heals too.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

If I am reading my log correctly with the 30% increase, it is at least doing 8k but the mobs I am facing are weaker and it is expiring from time so should do more. Think it would be cool if it lasted until the damage had been used up but I will find a stronger mob maybe tomorrow. Gotta watch the game.

This is in PvP gear on Makeb. No stims. Just class buffs.

I got bored today so i tested it

Spreadsheet with numbers

Character Stats

Raw Log FIle

Basically, defense screen is affected by your class buffs and relic procs as well as the 30% talent that you can take. I didnt test it with less gear or anything but once I took my relics off the damage absorbed was pretty consistent.

If you cant be bothered to click the links here are the average numbers,

Class Buffs/Relics/No 30% utility : 7609

Class Buffs/Relics/30% Utility : 9890.1

No Class Buffs/No Relics/30% Utility : 8829.9

No Class Buffs/No Relics/No 30% utility : 6729.1

Edited by mmerry

Spreadsheet with numbers

Character Stats

Raw Log FIle

Basically, defense screen is affected by your class buffs and relic procs as well as the 30% talent that you can take. I didnt test it with less gear or anything but once I took my relics off the damage absorbed was pretty consistent.

That's awesome! Thank you

Spreadsheet with numbers

Character Stats

Raw Log FIle

Well I had the implications correct, but just didn't have the math to back it up :)

• 10 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.