PvP on the Red Eclipse

RobTWC

This won't be the first its been asked I'm sure but I just wondered what the general feeling was on how the PvP compares on the Red Eclipse both rep side and imp, not so much who wins the most cause that's a never ending debate lol but I mean is the majority of the PvP decent and competitive as opposed to being constant face rolls. Do you wait ages for reg pops at 60 and is there quite a big PvP community on this server?

Reason I ask is I've returned from a few months off the game and come back to the usual experiance on Tofn which seems to have an ever shrinking population where I've been playing for the last few years. With this 12 exp boost i was thinking of levelling a few toons to PvP with just wondered if it'l be worth it.

Hope I don't get too ripped for asking this haha, cheers.

This won't be the first its been asked I'm sure but I just wondered what the general feeling was on how the PvP compares on the Red Eclipse both rep side and imp, not so much who wins the most cause that's a never ending debate lol but I mean is the majority of the PvP decent and competitive as opposed to being constant face rolls. Do you wait ages for reg pops at 60 and is there quite a big PvP community on this server?

Reason I ask is I've returned from a few months off the game and come back to the usual experiance on Tofn which seems to have an ever shrinking population where I've been playing for the last few years. With this 12 exp boost i was thinking of levelling a few toons to PvP with just wondered if it'l be worth it.

Hope I don't get too ripped for asking this haha, cheers.

I have just jumped back to TRE from TOFN and last night was fine. Plenty of pops at level 60 and we were slaughtering the republic :D

Best fight was a VS against a premade. We lost but both teams only managed to reach the second doors.

Pops are fine, but the amount of premades on Empire side is astronomical vs Rep side. Sure we have some here and there but they pale in comparison to the amount of imp ones. If you are rep side fully expect BIJ to ruin entire weekends for you running 2 sin 2 operative groups constantly. Not trying to scare you off, but just thats how it is.

As the others said the pops are very regular, obviously slows right down after 2am, not surprising as its a EU server lol.

Premade wise, both factions i would say from my own personal experience run plenty of pre-made groups, its allowed so nothing wrong with doing it, annoying for us solo queueing people but hey ho, some of my most enjoyable games have come from an entire team of solo vs a double pre-made (win for solo side).

Its just pot luck if the people you are with know what there doing and are situational aware, iv seen way to many times pre-mades losing because of cockyness and tunnel vision.

So just treat premades as a challenge, its helped me better my play style, iv improved from what i used to be, saying that im still a totally average pvp'er compared to some.

Note this next bit is my own personal opinion: (may get flamed by some)

For me personally there is only one guild on TRE i dread going against when it comes to pre-mades, and that is Ominous Latin Name, the reason i dread going against them is that i know every last member is among the top tier of players, so it can be a painful expeirence, but it dos'nt mean they are immortal and are unbeatable though.

Dxun have some top players also, but are mainly a pve guild, if they run a pre-made it generally could be classed as average, they can be tough if there better players are pre-made, but on average the pre-mades they run are beatable.

Big in Japan, again i would say there about imps version of Ominous, if they get there 8 best players together, so really depends on who's in the pre-made, on average there pre-mades are more along the lines of Dxun, can be tough but not always.

Theres loads more, that i just can't be bothered to remember, but in general pre-made dos'nt automatically mean its a win for them, depends on who's in that pre-made.