Unsure about quality of Group Finder

Don't get me wrong, Group Finder is truly a great part of the game despite it's potential drawbacks. However, I don't have as much confidence in it as I once did. Nothing to do with poorly geared players queueing for hm 60s or whatnot, but, the fact that it takes a longer time to find a replacement DPS, than the time it took for the group to pop.

When it says "You've been placed at the top; higher priority, etc etc" I find it truly ludicrous that there ISN'T a single other DPS queued. Especially in Tactical Flashpoints. Considering that you don't need the typical "one tank, two dps, one healer" setup. Seriously, there isn't a single other player queued? Are you sure bioware? Are you absolutely sure?

Are there other hidden reasons to this? Like maybe a latency limit? Some sort of set of prerequisites that group finder compares queued players against?

A couple things:

First, if you are on a smaller population server of course there will be less people in queue available to fill spots. You might need to move to a larger server. Similarly, time of day matters as well. You might need to find a server where peak population times match your play time.

The other issue is that with the "Epic Story" XP going on very few people are doing Tactical FPs. This is because they are inefficient for XP and because their gear reward is worse than what you can get from the basic commendation vendors and/or Ziost missions. This is especially true for the old lvl 50-55 content.

The system itself works. The REAL problem is there really isn't any reason to queue for Flashpoints. Sure, new players will get some gear out of group finder but once they run a couple of operations, even better if they run on multiple toons and legacy the gear over to their main, flashpoints become obsolete.

The system itself works. The REAL problem is there really isn't any reason to queue for Flashpoints. Sure, new players will get some gear out of group finder but once they run a couple of operations, even better if they run on multiple toons and legacy the gear over to their main, flashpoints become obsolete.

I still see reasonable queue times for HM lvl 60 FPs on my server. The FPs are useful for people who have bad luck with loot drops in operations or people who lack the time to complete an op. The purple 192 loot drops in FPs actually give optimized enhancements for DPS/healers (better than 198 comm gear).

I still see reasonable queue times for HM lvl 60 FPs on my server. The FPs are useful for people who have bad luck with loot drops in operations or people who lack the time to complete an op. The purple 192 loot drops in FPs actually give optimized enhancements for DPS/healers (better than 198 comm gear).

Like I said. New players will benefit from the HM flashpoints up to a certain point. Once they've outgrown the HM flashpoints, there is no reason to queue other than possibly looting the walker mount for personal use or to sell. Same thing for top tier players. I personally don't queue for HM Flashpoints as comm gear is inferior and I could grab 198 token gear much easier through a guild run

This is sadly true. For alts is bad too as you get enough comms to buy gear that can run you through SM ops to get better gear. With Ziost giving 190 Gear there is even less incentive by new players to do it. Unfortunate as it limits the amount of group content we have.

Also, if you are looking for a REPLACEMENT, the DPS in the queue must have "join in progress" checked as well.

Yeah, and it's by default NOT checked so odds are most people don't bother checking it. I go back and forth depending on what mood I'm in, but most of the time I leave it off.

• 1 month later...

Riddle me this please:

I'm a DPS queued for two particular HM Flashpoints. Long waiting, but I'm used to it no problem. After some time, the queue pops as follow:

<TANK 1>

<HEALER 1>

<DPS 1>

<ME>

<TANK 1> doesn't respond, invitation expires. "You'll be placed on top of GF queue". A moment later, I hear <HEALER 1> asking tanks in general chat to queue GF.

Fastforward and another pop:

<TANK 1> (the same as previously)

<HEALER 2> (different one)

<DPS 2> (different one)

<ME>

I'm surprised to not see <HEALER 1> there, but then I assume <TANK 1> now queued together with <HEALER 2>, or <HEALER 2> queued together with <DPS 2> and at the moment there aren't any other DPS in the queue except <DPS 2> and <ME> - or that <HEALER 1> left the queue menwhile.

<HEALER 2> refuses the invitation; "You'll be placed on top of GF queue". I want to whisper <HEALER 1> to requeue in case he left the queue, but find out he meanwhile got a group - the group as below:

<TANK 1> (still the same)

<HEALER 1> (from the first pop)

<DPS ?> (unknown)

<DPS ?> (unknown)

Now, let's assume the Group finder works flawlessly; is there any valid combination of conditions which would cause me being skipped in favor of the two other DPS? Note that I don't know if the final 2 DPS were <DPS 1>, <DPS2> or someone completely different, neither do I know what the other people queued for (all/specific Flashpoints). I however do know that <HEALER 1> didn't leave/change queue at any moment.

This afternoon I sat in the group finder for an Operation, just like pretty much every day. I play DPS, and yes, it has actually worked a few times.

Today, though, it would pop, and one person would decline. This happened for, no lie, a half an hour before I logged off in disgust.

Please, morons, if you don't want to group with somebody, put them on your /ignore list.

This afternoon I sat in the group finder for an Operation, just like pretty much every day. I play DPS, and yes, it has actually worked a few times.

Today, though, it would pop, and one person would decline. This happened for, no lie, a half an hour before I logged off in disgust.

Please, morons, if you don't want to group with somebody, put them on your /ignore list.

LOL that drives me up the wall - especially when its the same idiot declining over and over.

@Danylia

Maybe the tank and the healer of an fp have leaved the fp and your tank and healer automaticly joined the fp.

Haven't considered that, thanks. It would require a very narrow time window to happen (around 10 seconds), but in theory it is indeed possible.

Haven't considered that, thanks. It would require a very narrow time window to happen (around 10 seconds), but in theory it is indeed possible.

Could be that you are on one of their ignore lists, or one of them on yours.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.