Bolster is the most broken aspect of pvp

Shermainium

I love that exciting moment of getting new upgraded mods and armor only to check my bolster stats to see that my overall main stat hasn't moved at all or unbelievably gone down. I admire the amazing powertech on my team taking on all comers with ease only to realize he has green mods 10 levels lower then him! This is so wrong!! This is a system that is exploited over and over again and I don't understand why it never gets fixed. Why can't it just be a percentage system. If you are level 35 and your stats are 80% of cap for that level you should be bolstered to 80% stats of a level 60. Simple. Fair. Easy to understand! If I'm level 43 and have bran new shiny purple top of the line stuff I should be capped. There shouldn't be a level 30 with green level 20 gear beating on everyone.

Buy 162 gear or run forged alliances for a free set, then get 148 mainhand / offhand = 2018 expertise which will bolster correctly in pvp. Tbh bioware should award all lvl55's with a 162/148 set for pvp to solve the moaning/confusion. Edited by -Healius-

Buy 162 gear or run forged alliances for a free set, then get 148 mainhand / offhand = 2018 expertise which will bolster correctly in pvp. Tbh bioware should award all lvl55's with a 162/148 set for pvp to solve the moaning/confusion.

Yeah this is a good idea. The bolster system is hard to understand even for veterans. Just hand a set like the old recruit gears of the past as soon as they hit 60. I wouldn't give it to 55s, as they are still in mids and I would expect that would give them a great advantage over the lowbies in mids. Give a set to new 60s, just so they can enter pvp and have full expertise.

I love that exciting moment of getting new upgraded mods and armor only to check my bolster stats to see that my overall main stat hasn't moved at all or unbelievably gone down. I admire the amazing powertech on my team taking on all comers with ease only to realize he has green mods 10 levels lower then him! This is so wrong!! This is a system that is exploited over and over again and I don't understand why it never gets fixed. Why can't it just be a percentage system. If you are level 35 and your stats are 80% of cap for that level you should be bolstered to 80% stats of a level 60. Simple. Fair. Easy to understand! If I'm level 43 and have bran new shiny purple top of the line stuff I should be capped. There shouldn't be a level 30 with green level 20 gear beating on everyone.

Lowbie bolster has to take into account that lower level players cannot have the powers and abilities of higher levels. As such, some stats are artificially higher at low level irrespective of gear. For example, Damage Resistance is sky high in the early levels, but it goes down rapidly as you level.

EDIT: The best thing to do in lowbie PvP is just play. Keep your gear reasonably current, but otherwise don't worry about it.

Edited by Master-Nala

Having full expertise is important (doing the 162 set method), but keep in mind that a 60 in dark reaver will beat a 60 in 162 with 2018 expertise regardless of bolster's effects. You lack the offensive stats to really kill players without the PvP set bonuses and crit/surge/power stats.

Having full expertise is important (doing the 162 set method), but keep in mind that a 60 in dark reaver will beat a 60 in 162 with 2018 expertise regardless of bolster's effects. You lack the offensive stats to really kill players without the PvP set bonuses and crit/surge/power stats.

I don't fully agree with this. I seen many players in lesser gears, without set bonuses perform very well in 60s pvp, which is what I would expect a toon just hitting 60 to be in, unless they saved up comms and have access to better pvp gears.

If they are ungeared, entering 60s pvp for the first time, they should do regs... and even without the set bonuses a toon geared with full expertise (2018) can compete.

Sure. if they run into someone equally skilled in better gears with set bonuses, the one with set bonuses should win.

If you want equal ground in pvp across the boards in the first place, well then just make one set of PVP gears that everyone has to wear for pvp and have no other sets useable. Only then everyone would be equally geared and then the fights would come down to better, "skilled" gameplay, not gears.