Which class to choose?

Patroller

I would like to start doing PvE again and was wondering, which class. I think I would like to be either a sniper, jugg dps, or merc dps and/or healer. Which one should I go with? Any help is appreciated :D Edited by Patroller

I would like to start doing PvE again and was wondering, which class. I think I would like to be either a sniper, jugg dps, or merc dps and/or healer. Which one should I go with? Any help is appreciated :D

A lot of different play styles there. Out of the choices you listed I would prefer the Jugg DPS. I have one myself and really enjoy the play style and the iconic red sabre (even if she is secretly light side). The story isn't bad either.

Endgame PVE - take a ranged class, less mechanics to deal with.

Merc Innovative Ordnance currently top parser, DOT. Sniper - Marksman for burst, Egnineering for burst/sustained/AOE, Lethality for lols and tickles.

Sorc - despite nerfs, both specs are viable, if behind Merc IO.

I'd recommend Merc. IO can be a beast DPS spec, but Arsenal is still very good and easy to pick up and level with. You also have the option to use it as a healer as well so you get a 2 for 1. Any of your options sound pretty good, just don't attempt to tank with the Jugg :D

Endgame PVE - take a ranged class, less mechanics to deal with.

Merc Innovative Ordnance currently top parser, DOT. Sniper - Marksman for burst, Egnineering for burst/sustained/AOE, Lethality for lols and tickles.

Sorc - despite nerfs, both specs are viable, if behind Merc IO.

Snipers have been out parsing mercs since 3.1.2, but IO is still very powerful and very unforgiving as usual. If you want to play ranged dps try both sniper and merc and see which one you prefer. Both Arsenal mercs and Marksman snipers are quite easy to play and both are a lot of fun, and put out more than adequate dps for both HM FPs and SM ops.