No Break on DF = unplayable?

Lendul

For anyone that tries to say that with straight face. I ask.

When starting a new GSF character how do you get a ship with DF and T3 without playing?

Stop exaggerating...just stop

reminder unplayable = can not shall not will not play impossible depossible unpossible antipossible

Also Feedback Shield, Directional Shield, and Shield to Engine are all very, very playable and used to great effect by some aces, and none have a missile break.

The big problem here isn't a question of unplayability (though that hyperbole does get thrown around). It is a question of tearing down the playstyle of a lot of prominent players, and forcing them to adopt a new style. You risk alienating those players completely.

It comes down to a balance--would removing DF's missile break improve GSF enough that it would bring in more players than would quit? Given GSF's other accessibility issues, I'm not sure. Thus spitting in the eyes of some of the most ardent GSF enthusiasts might mot be a good idea, if it can be avoided.

As Verain himself said, a more prudent action might be to debuff DF in some other way. Longer cool down, or perhaps a slightly different implementation of how it counters missiles.

Edited by Nemarus

We had a patch where DF was broken. It was the worst GSF has ever been. If it had persisted a couple more weeks, the game would have really just been bombers. There was more broken than just disto, but that one was terrible enough that I simply never wanted to log in.

I have been calling for distortion nerfs for over a year. But I don't want that nerf in particular, no ty.

DF missile break is not a problem.

Sure it incresss GS mobility(ability to burn engine and still have some sort of defence vs scouts)

But the sure thing is that disto is the best scout shild.

And....i don`t have a problem with that, without second missile break scouts would be seeker/cluster/missile drone fodder

Lets look at well played engines on scouts:

BR : 20 sec CD and 3 sec immunity to loc

PD: 10 sec and 3 sec immunity

Retro:15 sec and 3 sec imuunity

in best defensive setup powerdive and Disto can provide 9 m breaks in theory. in practice DO offers 2 at best and most of the time 1 considering all of the rail going around

Disto on GS? on T1 its a a go to even without missile break, due to passive evasion bonus, lack of it limits the GS mobility and "active time in the game" but it dosent criple GS in any way