Strike night makes a come back???

tunewalker

Any one think we should do a strike night in celebration of announced devs looking into potential strike buffs.

I tried to get one started on POT5 a few months ago but had to cancel due to lack of interest. Granted, that may have more to do with POT5's small community and not many aces having mastered strikes over there rather than the event itself. I think for it to be successful, Bastion would need to be the server since so many of us probably have respectable req level strikes there. I'd definitely be down for a strike night!

Of late on TEH, there has been a Republic premade of 10+ players, named Strike-one, Strike-two, Strike-three, etc.

They usually superqueue together in groups of 8 with nothing but Strikes on their bar.

It's a little rough on the queue (as Republic solo-queuers get passed over match after match), and regardless of the fact that they are flying Strikes, they are still a giant premade on voice, so they do quite well.

If you want some Strike-on-Strike action, come fly Impside PST evenings and you'll likely end up against them.

We don't know who they are, and I don't really care to theorize. They've left the new pilot population rather mystified.

Of late on TEH, there has been a Republic premade of 10+ players, named Strike-one, Strike-two, Strike-three, etc.

They usually superqueue together in groups of 8 with nothing but Strikes on their bar.

It's a little rough on the queue (as Republic solo-queuers get passed over match after match), and regardless of the fact that they are flying Strikes, they are still a giant premade on voice, so they do quite well.

If you want some Strike-on-Strike action, come fly Impside PST evenings and you'll likely end up against them.

We don't know who they are, and I don't really care to theorize. They've left the new pilot population rather mystified.

this right here goes to show just how revitalizing to the GSF community it is to see a Dev post.... "we are THINKING about doing.... SOMETHING"

this right here goes to show just how revitalizing to the GSF community it is to see a Dev post.... "we are THINKING about doing.... SOMETHING"

The Strike-team was around before Alex's post.

So they are either strangely prescient or are themselves devs.

Yes they are very supportive in their dialog. So i'd wager they were devs. I have been calling them the crazy-8 but doesnt seem to fit now. Had to bail them out on a gunship a few times :D They have even been accused of spawn farming :D

As concerning the strike team...I think it's absurd that they chose Republic side at nighttime to play and form their team on the Hawk, especially considering the effort being taken to revive Nova. For the past 6 months at least there have been a greater number of faceroll matches that favor the Republic at night. Sustained Imperial competition with maxed out ships simply just doesn't exist. I can't pat anyone on the back when you see them steamroll individual queueing Imps and 4/8 are two-shippers and only two of remaining four have remotely maxed ships. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't any good because you can clearly tell they are quality pilots as well as organized. However no one deserves praise when they rack up kills against under geared competition. Even I can go get one of my maxed ships and put up double-digits against a squadron with paper mache hulls. Lol

Concerning the idea of reviving Strike Night... I think that the ultimate goal of the balance changes would be to make it so there's no longer any need for Strike Nights, and make it so we have a more even distribution of ship classes at the competitive level.

::goes back to hugging his Pike plushie::

• 4 months later...
During the SRW conquest event last week we had a few matches that were strike only, and it was a lot of fun. I wouldn't mind seeing an entire night dedicated to the unloved ships in our hangars. I think Siraka made mention of a low tier night and that seems just as fun to me as Strike-only.