Cripling Slice/Shank Shot not working while on full resolve.

Torvai

So, according to these changes with the resolve system:

While on full Resolve, players now receive a 50% Slow in place of any effect that would normally Immobilize them. This Slow effect has the same duration and conditions as the Immobilize effect that would occur under normal circumstances.

This would mean, while on full resolve crippling slice/shank shot would force players to run only forward, cause the tooltip clearly states that it "immobilizes the target, preventing it from moving or turning"

Fix this please :)

Why would it not be a bug? Tooltip states it prevents enemys from turning and roots them. New resolve says roots are converted to a snare, but all other effects stay the same. So you should snare somebody who is whitebarred and preventing him from turning. The latter isn't the case. You can move at 50% speed freely all you like when on full resolve and getting crippling slice.

Morning!

I spoke to the combat team about this and it's not a bug. The "no turning allowed" is a secondary effect of the Immobilize, and only applies if the Immobilize is successful. Under full resolve, since the primary effect is no longer "Immobilize," the secondary effect fails.

A condition would be something like "Immobilizes the target if the target is under 20% HP." You would still have to wait until they were below 20% HP in order to attempt to apply Immobilize. Though this hypothetical example doesn't exist in the game, it would be considered a required condition.

Morning!

I spoke to the combat team about this and it's not a bug. The "no turning allowed" is a secondary effect of the Immobilize, and only applies if the Immobilize is successful. Under full resolve, since the primary effect is no longer "Immobilize," the secondary effect fails.

A condition would be something like "Immobilizes the target if the target is under 20% HP." You would still have to wait until they were below 20% HP in order to attempt to apply Immobilize. Though this hypothetical example doesn't exist in the game, it would be considered a required condition.

Amen.

This is one of the reasons I was looking forward to the new resolve change.

Amen.

This is one of the reasons I was looking forward to the new resolve change.

Agreed, I can't believe Operatives/Scoundrels actually thought this was a bug. That attack is ridiculous, its effectively a 4 second stun that doesn't touch resolve since you can't use any attacks except for AOE when not facing your target.

Hey Tait, thanks for the clarification on this :)

Tbh, I didn't really think it was a bug, because of this

Agreed, I can't believe Operatives/Scoundrels actually thought this was a bug. That attack is ridiculous, its effectively a 4 second stun that doesn't touch resolve since you can't use any attacks except for AOE when not facing your target.

But can't blame me for trying, can you? Would have been a lot of fun :D

Anyway, resolve changes are a huge buff for concealment, so it's fine :)