The Dread Masters were wasted

Slowpokeking

Their boss encounter was quite cool, but they never had any victory throughout the long battle unlike the Emperor or Revan. Nor did any of them show much personality before we fought them in the ops. As villains they weren't presented very well, especially Oricon was not a good finale. Edited by Slowpokeking

but they never had any victory throughout the long battle unlike the Emperor or Revan.

I think all the wreckage on and above Oricon would show their initial arrival on Oricon was a victory in their favor. Plus the entire planet was being weighed down by their psychic influence. The planet was mutating because of their will.

Were they wasted? Possibly, but they were used as a tie-in to earlier quests to show that your character's actions had repercussions on the greater galaxy that was independent of the Class Story.

I read the thread title and then pictured them stumbling home to Oricon after a long weekend of downing Rodian ale. :cool:

I simply couldn't take the Dread Masters seriously once the devs changed the original mask design. Oh well.

Beat me to it. And I actually disagree with the masks. The new ones gave them a sort of eldritch horror feel.

I agree that the Dread Masters were weak villains with zero personality. Prior to Oricon, most people couldn't tell you any of their names or even how many there were without having to look it up. Their entire tline seemed kind of pointless. There was no real plot or character development. We never really learn anything interesting about them, and you could remove any of the previous parts of the Dread War (EC, Section X, etc) and it'd change nothing.

I do think Oricon was a step up, however, in that it finally gave them a little bit to do.