The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What was the biggest Mistake made by Palpatine in OT?

Pretty much this, everything else he had pretty much set in place and had it all won. I mean I guess you can count Endor, but really that was more due to luck than anything else.

I won't call Endor a mistake, nobody could expect Ewoks beating the Empire's troops.

I won't call Endor a mistake, nobody could expect Ewoks beating the Empire's troops.

Well was just covering it anyway in case someone brought it up and I wouldn't say it was all the Ewoks that did it, Chewie was the one that did the majority of the damage with a stolen AT-ST. That and having Rebel SpecForce and the best gunslinger in the galaxy helps.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

expecting Darth Vader to put loyalty to him above loyalty to his family.

This^

He turned Anikan due to his fear of losing his loved ones and his wife and he doesn't think that losing his Son wouldn't have an effect.

sure Vader was very dark but come on if Luke was spouting during the fight that he feels conflict in Vader i wouldn't have taken any chances.

Having only 1 apprentice

Agreed. Darth Vader was Palpatine's only minion. If he would have just took the quarter of the cost of the death star and invested in sort of sith academy. The other sith wouldn't have cared that Vader's family was luke. They would have annhilated Luke since there would of 1.) been multiple sith 2.) have years of experience over Luke.

How dare this little twerp refuse kill his own father and become my apprentice! I'll kill him nice and slow in front of the guy to show that his foolish attempt to redeem my apprentice is pointless and get my rocks off on his suffering. Sure I turned the guy by playing on his attachments to those he cared about such that he was willing to sacrifice anything to save them, but he will never turn on me for I believe he can never be turned from the Dark Side of the Force and I can never be wrong!

"Wait, what are you doing Vader!? Let me go! No, no ahhhhhhhhhhhhh!"