The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Am i the only one that likes clone wars show more than rebels

It wouldn't be much of a show if all the heroes got shot, that's kinda a thing with main characters. They aren't allowed to die unless the story calls for it, so obviously the bad guys will miss them.

Though in some instances you do have some good showings with Stormtroopers, two of them blasted apart two droids in that Senator episode, they captured Ezra in the first debut, they killed those beasts in that old Republic base. Notice how at the end of the fighting, the majority of Stormtroopers were still alive at that point.

Season 2 looks a lot better though now that Vader is coming in.

But yeah, Stormtroopers can hit things, even in the movies they hit stuff. IE: Rebel Troopers, Speeder bike on Endor, R2, Leia, Jawa Sandcrawler, noted as better marksmen than Sand People who were tagging/destroying Podracers in Ep 1.

It's literally just this TV show that make them look like mooks, because the heroes aren't gonna die....yet. The movies, comics, books have the Stormtroopers being a competent fighting force. In fact tbh, Stormtroopers by just movie showings, showed far better accuracy and actual H2H skill than the Clones did. Which just about everyone overlooks. The Clones in the movies, just swarmed, Stormtroopers swarmed but they also showed impressive levels of accuracy.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 2 weeks later...
im really mad they canceled clone wars for rebels.... it seems more kiddish and STORMTROOPERS STILL CANT SHOOT WORTH A DAMN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXck6jaN5Z8

*cough kid show cough*

stormtroopers highly trained soldiers in the books and comics but seem like rookies in every tv show and movie

Admittedly I was super sad when TCW was canceled. They had really found their groove, and weren't afraid to slice off arms, heads, or even explore more adult themes like the 66-conspiracy, and terrorism. You can also go watch the last (semi-developed) arc on starwars.com. It's REALLy well written, even if they didn't get around to finishing the graphics.

Try to keep in mind, that teh first season of TCW WAS very childish. They weren't sure if the show was only going to be viewed by 8 year olds. Instead, they found out that people will enjoy it, ages 7-47. I think that the new season has the potential to be JUST as adult, but ultimately it is STILL to the story of Ezra Bridger - a 13 year old who is beginning his training. It's BOUND to have some young-adult vibes for the first season because it's still a coming-of-age story.

Also, regarding the storm-troopers, I'm reasonably certain that the clones of TCW like rex, tup, 5s, and cody were all battle-hardened commandos who'd seen a lot of bloodshed. The stormtroopers of this age are more like a bunch of recruits/conscripts who have spent more time polishing boots and acting like riot-police than destroying seperatists.

Admittedly I was super sad when TCW was canceled. They had really found their groove, and weren't afraid to slice off arms, heads, or even explore more adult themes like the 66-conspiracy, and terrorism. You can also go watch the last (semi-developed) arc on starwars.com. It's REALLy well written, even if they didn't get around to finishing the graphics.

Try to keep in mind, that teh first season of TCW WAS very childish. They weren't sure if the show was only going to be viewed by 8 year olds. Instead, they found out that people will enjoy it, ages 7-47. I think that the new season has the potential to be JUST as adult, but ultimately it is STILL to the story of Ezra Bridger - a 13 year old who is beginning his training. It's BOUND to have some young-adult vibes for the first season because it's still a coming-of-age story.

Also, regarding the storm-troopers, I'm reasonably certain that the clones of TCW like rex, tup, 5s, and cody were all battle-hardened commandos who'd seen a lot of bloodshed. The stormtroopers of this age are more like a bunch of recruits/conscripts who have spent more time polishing boots and acting like riot-police than destroying seperatists.

Not to be too nitpicky, but Ezra is 15, not 13. Makes a big difference at that age.

They've already said that season 2 will be a lot more serious, which will be good I think.

I very much enjoyed TCW and wish it had gone on for longer (or at the very least replaced the unnecessary R2 arc with something more interesting). That said I also like Rebels and relish the chance to see how Vader fights. Up to this point the only time we've seen Vader fight in his relative physical prime (before a combination of age, Dark Side degradation, and injury have taken their toll) is in some of the EU books and comics. This will be the first time we see Vader at his prime in an animated form.

I think the general consensus is that Clone Wars is superior to Rebels so, no, you're not the only one.

The thing that bugs me most about Rebels is how skinny the lightsaber blades are. It's something I've never been able to look past.

I think the general consensus is that Clone Wars is superior to Rebels so, no, you're not the only one.

The thing that bugs me most about Rebels is how skinny the lightsaber blades are. It's something I've never been able to look past.

general consensus?

This is the first I've heard of that. While there are certainly going to be people preferring TCW over rebels, I don't see any "general consensus." Sounds just like anecdotal evidence to me, which I might note is totally different that my own anecdotal evidence.

general consensus?

This is the first I've heard of that. While there are certainly going to be people preferring TCW over rebels, I don't see any "general consensus." Sounds just like anecdotal evidence to me, which I might note is totally different that my own anecdotal evidence.

The Clone Wars has a user metacritc rating of 8.2 (Universal Acclaim) vs. Rebels that has a rating of 6.4 (Generally Favorable).

Both are great. TCW had a lot of half assed episodes that did nothing to advance the plot though or where just not very entertaining IMO. Season 1 of Rebels beats Season 1 of TCW easily but TCW started getting good around Season 3 mid way with Mortis episodes but still had very bad spots later on like that D-squad arc.

Rebels on the other hand had only two episodes I believe that didn't advance the plot, the one where they steal the tie fighter and the one with Lando but they where pretty laid back and entertaining I thought. It's much easier for Rebels to do these sorts of episodes then TCW. I enjoyed how everything in Rebels is connected though and the last few episodes with Tarkin where pretty good.

I'm currently enjoying Rebels, and I enjoyed Clone Wars as well, both are filling in major time gaps that happen between movies, and that's cool in my books.

Clone Wars may've been a tad more serious, but who says the galaxy far, far away needs to be full on serious all the time. Certainly not my smuggler, if he's anything to go by. Clone Wars also had a pretty shaky start, it was a chronological mess the first season.