The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin novels?

jjschm

Do any of the EU novels star shadow or assassin type jedi/sith? Force stealth, spying, infiltration, etc.?

Some books about Darth Maul feature something similar to that, it has been ages but I think it was called Shadow Hunter... Or some such...

Just one? Man, the EU needs to get more diverse in its novels subjects. I also assume that they have not picked up on looking at anything Imperial side besides Sith, right? I mean, there is Thrawn, but are there any Imperial Intelligence novels, for instance?

Just one? Man, the EU needs to get more diverse in its novels subjects. I also assume that they have not picked up on looking at anything Imperial side besides Sith, right? I mean, there is Thrawn, but are there any Imperial Intelligence novels, for instance?

Intelligence inexplicably doesn't seem to exist in the Galactic Empire era. One could argue that one of the SWTOR novels dealt with that sort of thing (albeit from a Republic perspective), but largely Imperial-side literature focuses, sadly, on ye olde Sithyness.

If you're looking for imperial intelligence related stuff I think there's a single story mike stackpole and zhan wrote together featuring yssane Issard. and thats about it. (it was a novella packaged in a short story anthology IIRC)

There is ALSO a comic book series called "agent of the empire" dark horse put out a few years back. I highly reccomend it.

as for shadows/assasins. the answer is "not really" and here's why. the whole jedi shadow/sith assasin is not something that really exists, it's basicly "darth maul the class" Jedi in the EU are not confined to classes. thus trying to apply them to a class is completly futile. Take Corren Horn in "I,Jedi" he goes under cover, striking from the shadows when he takes action he'd proably be defined as acting in a "shadow like capacity" there. but he didn't use a double bladed saber (which are very uncommon in the EU)

so TLDR? character classes are a figment of the game because a singular "jedi super class" would be massivly OP.

it's a handy thing yeah, but don't let is straight jacket your thinking of Jedi. particularly for RP

I always assumed that (old trilogy) Obi-Wan was some kind of Jedi Consular/Shadow. We never see him "go invisible" but he was pretty damned good at sneaking around the death star. My brother and I have argued over this, my opinion is that the "invisibility" is a game mechanic and Obi-Wan used the same thing, just made himself hard/impossible to notice. So there's that.

Not exactly, a Shadow, per se, but Corran Horn does a fair amount of sneaking around and investigating in I, Jedi. Though I guess he would probably fit the old model of Jedi Investigator better than Shadow...

A Jedi Shadow that predates SWTOR would be Maw, from Dark Forces II. He serves Jerec as one of his 6 Dark Jedi followers.