Is Bioware deficient?

WaffleQwop

I saw this in another post and it totally reminded me a of huge problem that we've faced for years now. Every time we queue up for something via the GF, we have absolutely no idea what we are going into. Especially warzones. I mean, is it truly that difficult to add/create a system to tell us a simple thing?

It'd be really nice to know whether I am going into a voidstar PvP or a huttball. Same goes with flashpoints. In order to even get your daily comms from the GF, all FP's must be checked, which is stupid in its own right, in my opinion. I hate Assault on Tython, did you know that the past 3 FP's I've done have been that :mad:? But guess what, that's not my choice. :confused:

So please, to any computer programmer, data person, anyone who knows how coding works, do tell me. Is it difficult for Bioware to show what flashpoint/PvP we are about to click "yes" to?

Thoughts?

I saw this in another post and it totally reminded me a of huge problem that we've faced for years now. Every time we queue up for something via the GF, we have absolutely no idea what we are going into. Especially warzones. I mean, is it truly that difficult to add/create a system to tell us a simple thing?

It'd be really nice to know whether I am going into a voidstar PvP or a huttball. Same goes with flashpoints. In order to even get your daily comms from the GF, all FP's must be checked, which is stupid in its own right, in my opinion. I hate Assault on Tython, did you know that the past 3 FP's I've done have been that :mad:? But guess what, that's not my choice. :confused:

So please, to any computer programmer, data person, anyone who knows how coding works, do tell me. Is it difficult for Bioware to show what flashpoint/PvP we are about to click "yes" to?

Thoughts?

it's not deficant at all. it's random, done so to get you to experiance all the content. if you could choose you'd only ever see one FP and one WZ map.

and it could well be one you dislike

You do know you're able to queue for specific flashpoints, right?

Sure, but not if you want to get your daily done. You have to have all FP's checked to qualify.

I think what the OP is asking for is to simply have what ever it is that you are accepting to go into be displayed so one could either accept, or decline the pop if it was something not desirable and requeue for something else.

It kinda bugs me too that you just have to hope for the best.

Sure, but not if you want to get your daily done. You have to have all FP's checked to qualify.

I think what the OP is asking for is to simply have what ever it is that you are accepting to go into be displayed so one could either accept, or decline the pop if it was something not desirable and requeue for something else.

Like someone else said, if they did that you would only ever see one FP. WoW tried to do that when the first LFG queues released and they found that people would see what dungeon was selected and just decline over and over until they got the one they wanted. That was changed the following week.

The random queue is there so that no matter what the group is, at least you get a group. Live with it unless you want to wait hours on end to get your dailies done.

Like someone else said, if they did that you would only ever see one FP. WoW tried to do that when the first LFG queues released and they found that people would see what dungeon was selected and just decline over and over until they got the one they wanted. That was changed the following week.

I'm not sure why it's not blatantly obvious to anyone who takes 1/2 a nanosecond to think about it. If I didn't have to queue for all tacticals to get the daily bonus (don't do HMs), I'd just queue for Manaan, Koriban and Tython and call it a day. I suspect no one would ever do BH or Rishi (even on tactical).

The only possible deficiency is not allowing players to queue for specific PVP maps.

For PVE, the option exists to queue for only the content you want to run - with the caveat that you wont be eligible for the extra reward provided to players selecting the random flashpoint option.

There is a work around tho it requires a guild or 4 friends, and voice communication is not need but very helpful. Have 3 q random fp and one don't that one choose the fp the group wants q at the same time. and when it pops every one ask if they got a pop, and if you all did at same time then 99% chance you guys are grouped up.

Your welcome

Edited by Curbhunter

The random queue is there so that no matter what the group is, at least you get a group. Live with it unless you want to wait hours on end to get your dailies done.

yup and back in AoC you choose what PVP map to queue for. people only ever choose a certin map (and people in that game wondered why funcom never gave them more maps for PVP)

Thoughts?

random is random.

I hate doing tactical fps because they queue faster but then you get a level 55 one when you're level 60, meaning you get nothing from it but the group finder daily. Tried queueing hard modes, waited an hour and still no pop. Tacticals, popped in like 6 minutes. :\

Oh good. Still doesn't explain how I was in a 55 corriban incursion the other day with one purple 55 drop in the whole damn thing, but here's to changing it for the better!

Why do you care what loot FPs drop, other than maybe the relics in Korriban and Tython and the data in Manaan?

I don't like qualifications like deficient especially when used incorrectly.

So the real topic is not BW but the Group Finder. Well, I have to agree with you that the GF is not well designed at all and it's got all sorts of trouble with it. Just try to get another team mate in a GF run after you already killed a boss or more. It's a recipe for disaster for the group when that happens.

And really, what we needed is a listing where people can open groups that people can join directly. Not waiting till all slots are filled but directly applying for empty slots in an ops or fp. Then you can just add people one by one instead of hoping a whole team will lock in at the same time.

Perhaps the focus should be on making a group former instead of a group finder and I think that people would use it more to begin with. It would also make all the categories in the gf unnecessary.

Just think of it. You wanna start a group. So you open the window and press start group. You choose FP or OPS and then choose your Ops or FP and tick SM or HM. Then you set a level range if appropriate and set the group lay out. We all know ToS SM is done more and more often with just one tank from start to finish. Then press Add to group list and wait for people to apply to your group. You can then accept or decline them.

Once the group is complete press travel to instance and let the games begin...

On the other side if you are looking for something to do, just open up the window, click FP or OPS and look at what groups are listed. Pick and apply. Simple.

I'd much prefer that over the current set up.

They don't let you know for exactly that reason, so people don't decline at the pop because it is "that" FP/WZ.

Why do you care what loot FPs drop, other than maybe the relics in Korriban and Tython and the data in Manaan?

Actually I don't, as my gear is quite satisfactory as-is. Meaning it would be difficult to improve upon short of ops, if I understand correctly.

It has more to do with the overall easiness of fighting level 55s when you're level 60 AND decently geared. Plus who doesn't want rewards? If I'm not going to use the drops at least make them more than vendor-fodder.

I'm just having difficulty understanding where you're coming from. Are you saying all flashpoint loot is pointless, or just most of it? Do you think that's acceptable? Is farming credits/comms and gearing through the GTN and trade skills the way you're SUPPOSED to do it? Because that's how I did it, pretty much.

I happen to like fps from a content perspective (I'm not good enough for ops no matter how good my gear is, just like I wasn't ever good enough for raids; tried that earlier today and got kicked, just like always happened in WoW), but giving me nothing but vendor trash doesn't exactly make me want to queue up. I can't remember if I can get elite comms from fps, so those are useful at least (I still have a lot of 186s), but you don't exactly get a lot of them considering the time spent vs the amount you need. I think. It's been a confusing day. :)

Edited by Henge_Wolf