PVP filter

ejbsuperbat

Bioware has said on numerous occasions that they believe that fastest queue pops > quality of matches.

We can't filter the queue because doing so would increase queue times. When Bioware foisted arenas on us, they even said they weren't going to split the queue between arena/wz because they wanted more queue pops and splitting the queue would divide the population and make it take too long to form matches. (Editorial: They also wanted to shove arenas down our throats; this is also why they removed 8v8 ranked.)

This is also why we can't have nice things like hidden MMR in regs--it'd be nice to make the bads play in their own bracket, but it might lengthen queue times. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
It's not going to happen. They population isn't large enough to support it.

Yeah, based on what I see people write in chat, it would not be a case of "10 minutes waiting for 4V4 than 1 minuite for huttball," it would be more like "120 minutes waiting for 4V4 than 30 minuite for huttball."

I think the idea that filters could work very well in pvp as long as there's an option to select <all> or select certain wz's just like flashpoints. That way those that value quick queues could have their way and those that would rather quality could choose longer queues to have theirs/ours.

I think the idea that filters could work very well in pvp as long as there's an option to select <all> or select certain wz's just like flashpoints. That way those that value quick queues could have their way and those that would rather quality could choose longer queues to have theirs/ours.

That is pretty much what the idea was.