Stop thinking hacks. Just stop it.

Lhancelot

Im not for giving up. Some of these "strange cases" arent cheats, but some ARE, and why should we be silent about that only to make your frustrated spirit calm!?

Please post a link to the youtube channel where you post all of your video evidence.

Another case of "I didnt see it, so it must not exist", lots of trees making no noise in the woods now a days.

Another case of "hax0rs are everywhere, that is why I can not record and post videos of them!!!"

EDIT: My point is not whether or not our flood of hax0rs exist, my point is eye witness testimony is low quality evidence. If you want to be taken serious get some high quality evidence. Video and (if appropriate) combat logs.

Edited by funkiestj

I never said hacks do not exist. I am pointing out that most people crying hacks are clueless noobs. That's the truth of it. Read their posts, and you will come to the same conclusion. They can't even explain what they see as a hack half the time. But, because something occured that they don't understand, it must be a hack! I just wish that before someone posted crap about hacks in pvp, they knew what they were talking about. :rolleyes:

Another case of "I didnt see it, so it must not exist", lots of trees making no noise in the woods now a days.

Try actually reading my post. In the last section I mention how sometimes this game just sucks at properly displaying player positions, especially after leaps, pulls, and rolls. This is not some sort of hack. This is swtor, and its crappy engine.

Also, after over 100 days /played, the vast majority in PvP, if I haven't seen it then yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. Have I seen weird stuff? Of course, but in the overwhelmingly vast majority of cases it can be explained by a class ability, game bug, or just swtor's general oddness with position skills. The game sometimes messes up especially when it involves potential elevation change.

Let me give you an example. In Civil War, the middle capture point is surrounded by a balcony on either side. The balcony has a "guard-rail" type wall running around it to stop people from running straight off, but you can easily jump over it and back down to mid. However, just on the other side of this guardrail, is a tiny ledge.

A trick I often use on my sorc healer when I have melee on me is to run to the guardrail and jump over it, but land on the ledge instead of jumping down to mid. When I do this, on other people's screens it often looks like I actually jumped down to mid. As in the game shows me, on the ground, for about a second or two, then I'll disappear and reappear back up on that ledge. On my screen, everything looks totally normal. Guild members playing on the opposite team have asked me what the hell happened in Teamspeak, which is how I discovered the graphical weirdness.

When you see something you don't understand, ask someone about how it may have happened or if they've seen it before. The quicker you accept that hacks effectively don't exist in this game, the more you'll improve as a player.

It's not that there are literally no people hacking in this game. There are probably some. But the percentage is so infinitesimally small, Bioware obviously has a pretty decent handle on it.

Edit: This all applies to PvP only. I'm sure people use speedhacks/bots all the time to farm credits or pve mats.

Edited by IsserWoloch

But i SAW a marauder turn red and run really fast! and his teammates started running really fast too! hax i tells ya! I saw a powertech leap like a jugg! hax i tells ya!

<-------this marauder?? .. hm i think why he scream on all fleet chat. No hacks Just predation. Edited by Depreevation

Try actually reading my post. In the last section I mention how sometimes this game just sucks at properly displaying player positions, especially after leaps, pulls, and rolls. This is not some sort of hack. This is swtor, and its crappy engine.

Also, after over 100 days /played, the vast majority in PvP, if I haven't seen it then yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't exist. Have I seen weird stuff? Of course, but in the overwhelmingly vast majority of cases it can be explained by a class ability, game bug, or just swtor's general oddness with position skills. The game sometimes messes up especially when it involves potential elevation change.

Let me give you an example. In Civil War, the middle capture point is surrounded by a balcony on either side. The balcony has a "guard-rail" type wall running around it to stop people from running straight off, but you can easily jump over it and back down to mid. However, just on the other side of this guardrail, is a tiny ledge.

A trick I often use on my sorc healer when I have melee on me is to run to the guardrail and jump over it, but land on the ledge instead of jumping down to mid. When I do this, on other people's screens it often looks like I actually jumped down to mid. As in the game shows me, on the ground, for about a second or two, then I'll disappear and reappear back up on that ledge. On my screen, everything looks totally normal. Guild members playing on the opposite team have asked me what the hell happened in Teamspeak, which is how I discovered the graphical weirdness.

When you see something you don't understand, ask someone about how it may have happened or if they've seen it before. The quicker you accept that hacks effectively don't exist in this game, the more you'll improve as a player.

It's not that there are literally no people hacking in this game. There are probably some. But the percentage is so infinitesimally small, Bioware obviously has a pretty decent handle on it.

Edit: This all applies to PvP only. I'm sure people use speedhacks/bots all the time to farm credits or pve mats.

Horse poop. The reason why hacks are so priminen in this game is because the behavior of the hack mimics the terrible glitching...... Its almost impossible to tell. I've seen the hacks and I've tested them and people use them and will never get banned. They know this. That's why they are used.

Throwing the "H" word around only makes you look ignorant, and creates the "cry wolf" phenomenon. No one will take claims of foul play seriously if everyone starts crying hacks all the time.

^ Obvious hacker trying obfuscate the truth so he can continue hacking me. :rak_03:

There are zero hacks for this game unless someone coded it themselves, the only one that legitimately existed stopped being worked on in 2014.

The only thing left now is a bot made by the same people that make Honorbuddy for wow.

Hardly anyone uses it, but if you notice people interrupting you inhumanely quick, it's probably them.

Edited by Turbinex

There are zero hacks for this game unless someone coded it themselves, the only one that legitimately existed stopped being worked on in 2014.

The only thing left now is a bot made by the same people that make Honorbuddy for wow.

Hardly anyone uses it, but if you notice people interrupting you inhumanely quick, it's probably them.

This, pretty much.

...I've seen the hacks and I've tested them...

lol. For so many reasons.

Edited by IsserWoloch

Another case of "hax0rs are everywhere, that is why I can not record and post videos of them!!!"

EDIT: My point is not whether or not our flood of hax0rs exist, my point is eye witness testimony is low quality evidence. If you want to be taken serious get some high quality evidence. Video and (if appropriate) combat logs.

Yeah and that's my point too. Some simple proof other than someone claiming hacks and creating forum posts based on their own personal perspective which often times is that of a noob or someone that simply doesn't know what they are witnessing in pvp.

I see one guy, and as soon as we begin getting wiped in a warzone due to crap players on our team he /says..."NICE HACKS (random player name)", and then he quits the warzone! I see not one bit of evidence anyone is hacking. I do see our team playing badly. In the end, our numbers also show proof of bad play. this guy talks about hacks non-stop though... It's stupid and he looks like a tool.

Girl your in Cherry pops, the guild know for never having less than a 3man premade in regs lol. Only decent player in your guild that can rip **** is ZapGirl, but you guys are decent for a chick guild.

But seriously do you subscribe to the theory that nothing in the universe exist unless you personally see it or experience it? the solipsistic theory of existence is great for philosophical conversations or some drunk debates, but we all know the when we sleep the world in fact continues to exist, so with that hacks happen and do happen even though we dont experience them.

We have plenty upon plenty of anectdotal experience and videos proving it happens, and yes i agree sometimes its just an inexperienced player not knowing abilities of other classes or rubberbanding etc.

SWTOR is not the exception in regards to the code or network being manipulated/utilized for nefarious purposes.Why would anybody think otherwise, hackers want to protect the sanctity of the Star Wars name? lmao its ridiculous.

Also if you want to validate your opinion on time /played, im sorry but im sad to say 100 days is not alot nowadays.

BTW i have over 160 /played over 4 conquerers 3 war heroes and have amassed over 400mil creds so im a veteran :)

I have yet to see a single verified case of hacking in this game, and I've got several characters in full PvP gear during several different seasons. What I have seen however, is a LOT of hacking call outs by players that are "Mad Cuz Bad".

I'm actually happy that my home server isn't one where I see "hacking" yet ... Might be due to a better connection.

On Harbinger, my connection is relatively bad - so bad in fact that I saw someone kind of "teleporting" a bit, but that was in PvE, if I remember correctly.

Apparently the connection was so bad for me - I live in Europe - that the player was able to do something meanwhile the server was trying to update & give his characters' position to me (and probably even verify it, too).

Girl your in Cherry pops, the guild know for never having less than a 3man premade in regs lol. Only decent player in your guild that can rip **** is ZapGirl, but you guys are decent for a chick guild.

Do people seriously think we're an all-girl guild? Not sure what any of this has to do with hacking.

But seriously do you subscribe to the theory that nothing in the universe exist unless you personally see it or experience it? the solipsistic theory of existence is great for philosophical conversations or some drunk debates, but we all know the when we sleep the world in fact continues to exist, so with that hacks happen and do happen even though we dont experience them.

We have plenty upon plenty of anectdotal experience and videos proving it happens, and yes i agree sometimes its just an inexperienced player not knowing abilities of other classes or rubberbanding etc.

SWTOR is not the exception in regards to the code or network being manipulated/utilized for nefarious purposes.Why would anybody think otherwise, hackers want to protect the sanctity of the Star Wars name? lmao its ridiculous.

Do I need to see something before I believe it? Of course not. But if I walk through a park three times a day and never see any litter, you're going to have a very hard time convincing me it's a dirty park. Maybe every once in awhile someone tosses a bottle on the ground that I don't see, but it doesn't meaningfully effect my, or anyone else's, time in the park.

There's plenty of "anecdotal evidence", there's very, very few videos. People call hacks all the time, in-game, on the forums. They accuse people of critting too much, stunning too long, being immune to cc, damage, not taking enough damage, moving too fast, pretty much anything you can think of. Yet in all this, the only actual evidence is a couple videos of hilariously obvious speed hacks. After being called a hacker myself maybe a couple dozen times, my skepticism is rather high.

Also if you want to validate your opinion on time /played, im sorry but im sad to say 100 days is not alot nowadays. BTW i have over 160 /played over 4 conquerers 3 war heroes and have amassed over 400mil creds so im a veteran :)

I didn't mean to imply that the person with the most /played is always right, merely that with quite a lot of time spent in swtor pvp, I consider myself rather well-equipped to have an opinion on pvp hacking. If you've seen multiple cases of hacking in warzones then I suppose we'll just have to disagree. Gratz on having a ton of creds I guess.

Look. What is up with all of these "I died in 5 secs, this guy must be hacking I can't explain how I feel this way, but it's got to be the answer" posts?

First. if you do not know your own class well enough to explain what your own abilities are do not claim you got bested by a hacker when you losr in PVP!

Second. If you do not know your own defenses or abilities well enough to explain how to counter other classes, do not post on forums that you were bested by a hacker when you lost in PVP!

Third. If you do not know other classes abilities well enough to explain what they did, or did not do thoroughly, do not come to these forums and claim you were bested by a hacker when you lost in PVP!

If you can thoroughly understand a particular sequence, and yet still are stymied by what exactly happened, only then come to the forums and give detail of the fight with questions on how or why a certain class was able to do what they did to you!

Throwing the "H" word around only makes you look ignorant, and creates the "cry wolf" phenomenon. No one will take claims of foul play seriously if everyone starts crying hacks all the time.

I cry sheep, so when the sheep finally come there will be no wolves to steal my prize. =)