Rested XP cap?

Bachannal

I couldn't seem to locate the info via search, but I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a rested XP cap? I have some alts that have been sitting in rest zones for MONTHS now...

(this is literally just curiosity driving the question...I don't care one way or the other if there is one)

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's something like 1.5x the amount of xp needed for the level you're on. So say you need 100k xp to get from lvl 10 to lvl 11 (I know those aren't the right numbers but for ease of demonstration), I think you can have about 150k rest xp.

I know for a fact there is a cap, I'm just not 100% sure where it lies.

If I'm not mistaken, I think it's something like 1.5x the amount of xp needed for the level you're on. So say you need 100k xp to get from lvl 10 to lvl 11 (I know those aren't the right numbers but for ease of demonstration), I think you can have about 150k rest xp.

I know for a fact there is a cap, I'm just not 100% sure where it lies.

That makes total sense. I have never paid any attention to it (clearly), and with 12xXP, I find that I breeze so quickly through levels it's hard to see anything except that actual numbers of rested XP leftover.

That makes total sense. I have never paid any attention to it (clearly), and with 12xXP, I find that I breeze so quickly through levels it's hard to see anything except that actual numbers of rested XP leftover.

Also with 12x XP I am pretty sure you gain rested EXP but it is not used. So you will gain it until 55 when the 12x goes away then you will start using the rested.

Also with 12x XP I am pretty sure you gain rested EXP but it is not used. So you will gain it until 55 when the 12x goes away then you will start using the rested.

That also makes total sense, and explains why my toons after hitting 55 just sail to 60 with minimal effort. Thanks for the info guys (and/or gals)

Last i knew it was 100% of your current levels max so like the previous post 100k for your next level will let you hold 100k rested.

This is correct.

In addition to that, I've also heard (and from what I've observed it seems accurate enough) that the rate that rested xp is gained at is scaled so that it will always take exactly 7 days to go from 0 rested xp to capped rested xp.

Wrong on that one though. They affect completely different things. Rested xp is a double xp bonus on NPCs killed while 12x is (a little over, but I forget what exact figure they gave last time) 12 times as much xp on class mission turn-ins.

Rested xp is disabled during double xp events. You may have been thinking of that. When double xp is running ALL sources of xp (kills, missions, exploration, etc.) are boosted to double, but they disable the boost from rest xp rather than letting it stack with the more general boost. Those who are used to having rested xp active will see no difference in xp from kills.

That also makes total sense, and explains why my toons after hitting 55 just sail to 60 with minimal effort. Thanks for the info guys (and/or gals)

It's more a matter of just the way they scaled how much xp it is to the next level versus how much xp you get from each mission at the higher levels. The gap from one level to the next gets wider but at the same time the payout per each mission is getting larger too.

You've also got a lot fewer sidequests on Makeb, Rishi, or Yavin compared to any of the 1-50 leveling planets. I think that difference is baked into the mission rewards as well. Before 12x xp made it all about the class story and before we ever had 2x xp weekends, the expectation for 1-50 leveling was that you were always going to be doing at least some of the sidequests / heroics (and/or flashpoints and/or warzones and/or space missions) in addition to the class story and each planet's main story. For the expansion planets it is a lot more about that ride through the one main story, so those missions pay out significant chunks of xp to keep up the pace for being able to reach 55 or 60 by the end of each story.

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Rested xp is disabled during double xp events. You may have been thinking of that. When double xp is running ALL sources of xp (kills, missions, exploration, etc.) are boosted to double, but they disable the boost from rest xp rather than letting it stack with the more general boost. Those who are used to having rested xp active will see no difference in xp from kills.

I do think you are correct on this actually as 12x should not effect mob kills like 2x would, makes more sense.