Make an augment station perk for starships

Henge_Wolf

Title says it all. I have GTN, a mailbox, a vendor, and my storage locker, yet I still have to go to fleet to put augments on gear. Luckily this doesn't happen very often, but if there was such a perk, I would certainly buy it. Thanks!

Title says it all. I have GTN, a mailbox, a vendor, and my storage locker, yet I still have to go to fleet to put augments on gear. Luckily this doesn't happen very often, but if there was such a perk, I would certainly buy it. Thanks!

look at the cartel market and find what your looking for

look at the cartel market and find what your looking for

The one in the cartel market is for strongholds, not ships. I might as well get the stronghold one, but I'd like one on my ship and I'd gladly pay cartel coins for it.

Edited by Henge_Wolf

That sounds like a good idea. I was just using my stations on Dromund Kaas and Tatooine last night, but one on the ship would make sense, too.

Though with those strongholds, I don't use the ship much anymore. Last time I used it was to activate Ziost storyline, and I was pleasantly surprised I had GTN and mail on it(totally forgotten).

I haven't really gotten into strongholds (I have one with lots of stuff in it, just don't ever use it) while I love basing myself out of my ship. So I guess what I'm asking for in general is more ship customization. In addition to the particular relating to this topic, I'd also like to change my ship's external color (from a choice of four even, I don't care), and even name the ship. If they took away the travel fees (since all the relevant content has insta-travel legacy perks anyway) that would be suitable as well.

Why would they waste time adding stuff like this for ships? A SH costs 5k and the basic functional items are relatively cheap and easy to get and a SH is way more convenient to access than a ship (unless you have all the cool down reductions for travel to starship, in which case it's the same).

Why would they waste time adding stuff like this for ships? A SH costs 5k and the basic functional items are relatively cheap and easy to get and a SH is way more convenient to access than a ship (unless you have all the cool down reductions for travel to starship, in which case it's the same).

Bran I've never seen you say anything positive and/or not snarky, so your post doesn't surprise me. I have the ship cooldowns, I like the ship better. It would be nothing for them to add the SH station to the ship as an option, as they've already done it with the mailbox and the GTN. I would pay DOUBLE CC for this option, and it wouldn't hurt anyone or anything. Just saying.

There were some dev posts a while back about how difficult the starships are to modify without breaking them or something else. The people who programmed them didn't expect them to be modded at all, and when the game flopped shortly after launch, those devs were laid off or fired. So in order for the currently employed devs to make starships more customizable, they'd have to find and clean out some SERIOUS code bunnies.

I suspect that was one of the reasons why Bioware gave us player housing (strongholds) after resisting it for years. It was probably literally easier to program strongholds from the ground up than it would have been to add that customization to our starships.

They threw that elder game mission terminal into the ship when probably nobody had seriously expected anything like that to get added. (The idea had come up. I recall suggesting something like it myself as a way to address the problem with people getting spoilers from the Makeb intro when they weren't expecting it. But somehow I didn't really think it was likely to happen.) I have also seen the comments that the class ships are packed full of hidden data used for the class story cutscenes (or whatever) and they don't really leave much room for remodeling and new features, but I don't know that they're totally beyond tinkering with the class ships just yet.

But yeah, we have strongholds now and they intentionally designed strongholds to be open to customization and the addition of new utility features. It'll be a nice touch if/when a legacy perk pops up that places an augment station somewhere in the class ships. But until then, you'll just have to see about setting one up in your stronghold if you have to have one that you can easily get to away from fleet.

Bran I've never seen you say anything positive and/or not snarky, so your post doesn't surprise me. I have the ship cooldowns, I like the ship better. It would be nothing for them to add the SH station to the ship

And you know this how? For all you know, the ships are "hard coded" to accept only the add-ons they currently allow for and it would be a major undertaking to redesign them. You have no idea how easy it would be, and I have no idea how hard it would be. But you don't see me making bold, unsupported and unsupportable claims of "It can't be done because it would be too huge a developmental undertaking."

@OP: If you're still on your starship as much as you indicate you are these days, you're doing it wrong. There are faster ways to get around that are more convenient than the starship when it comes to current content these days.

@OP: If you're still on your starship as much as you indicate you are these days, you're doing it wrong. There are faster ways to get around that are more convenient than the starship when it comes to current content these days.

Bran, I apologize.

As for "doing it wrong," it's just how I want to do it for RP purposes (mostly). I have all the travel perks unlocked, but I still like hanging out on my ship. It's one of the things that got me into this game. Ships need some love!

That said, I will accept it if it's too much coding to do anything about. Kind of stupid of them in hindsight, but it is what it is.