Legacy Bank Credits access

Griefious

Maybe think about letting people deposit credits into their legacy bank. So that Alts can have access to credits without having to log and send them in the mail and log back in again. It would sooo much more convenient.

This has been asked for many times.

The prevailing issue is that implementing such a feature would permit F2P and Preferred accounts to effectively bypass the credits per character limits. The prevailing proposed solution is to make this feature Sub only. The issue with that solution is the effect of sub to pref (what happens to that feature when an account goes from Subscriber to Preferred? If the solution to that issue is that the legacy credits are locked or escrowed, what happens WHEN someone forgets to empty their legacy credits storage before going to preferred?

This has been asked for many times.

The prevailing issue is that implementing such a feature would permit F2P and Preferred accounts to effectively bypass the credits per character limits. The prevailing proposed solution is to make this feature Sub only. The issue with that solution is the effect of sub to pref (what happens to that feature when an account goes from Subscriber to Preferred? If the solution to that issue is that the legacy credits are locked or escrowed, what happens WHEN someone forgets to empty their legacy credits storage before going to preferred?

In every discussion about this thing people care about the same silly issue... "What will happen if I'm a sub then turn off to Preff or F2P and have credits into my Legacy Bank?"

Then I say NOTHING WRONG will happen. If this occur, there are three possible options:

a) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then your credits will just moved out from there and return to your chars, in the same amount Y, Z and W have had deposited there. All you will need to do is buying Credit Escrow from CM to have access to it (considering the credit cap 350k).

b) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then yours credits will be saved there BUT you will need to SUB again to have access of Legacy Storage to get your credits. Or, you must buy something similar of Credit Escrow, maybe Legacy Bank Escrow, which may be temporary only for who isn't subbed and want to retrieve credits from there if you have had deposited before.

c) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then you will LOSE your damm credits because it is only YOUR responsability to pay attention on your subbing time and in your stuffs, especially about your credits. BW have nothing to do if YOU isn't carefully enough to take care of your own things into the game.

SO, as you can see, the issue you and most people talk is VERY SIMPLE TO solve. Actually, there aren't any kind of problem on that. The problem is the one people created, where it does not exist. Choose the way you want it and prey they do this, because I'm sure the Legacy Bank will, soon or later, be added to the game.

In every discussion about this thing people care about the same silly issue... "What will happen if I'm a sub then turn off to Preff or F2P and have credits into my Legacy Bank?"

Then I say NOTHING WRONG will happen. If this occur, there are three possible options:

a) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then your credits will just moved out from there and return to your chars, in the same amount Y, Z and W have had deposited there. All you will need to do is buying Credit Escrow from CM to have access to it (considering the credit cap 350k).

b) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then yours credits will be saved there BUT you will need to SUB again to have access of Legacy Storage to get your credits. Or, you must buy something similar of Credit Escrow, maybe Legacy Bank Escrow, which may be temporary only for who isn't subbed and want to retrieve credits from there if you have had deposited before.

c) If you deposit an X amount of credits in Legacy Storage from your character Y, Z and W and your Subbing ends, then you will LOSE your damm credits because it is only YOUR responsability to pay attention on your subbing time and in your stuffs, especially about your credits. BW have nothing to do if YOU isn't carefully enough to take care of your own things into the game.

SO, as you can see, the issue you and most people talk is VERY SIMPLE TO solve. Actually, there aren't any kind of problem on that. The problem is the one people created, where it does not exist. Choose the way you want it and prey they do this, because I'm sure the Legacy Bank will, soon or later, be added to the game.

I agree, the whole, "what happens if you go from Sub to F2P" is a non-problem. Any solution works. If it's not the best result for the player, guess what, that means there's more incentive for that player to continue their subscription. That's good for the game.

I would go with making it a sub only thing. But make available a unlock on the cartel market for f2p or preferred because as we all know its all about the money. So make the unlocks like the escrow where you can gain access to it for different amounts. just so they can make more money from f2p or preferred on the cartel market.

Not to f2p. Subs who stop subbing go only to pref.

There's plenty of scope for things going wrong. See below.

So I deposit 10,000 on each of three characters, and 100 on a fourth, then withdraw 29,000 on a fifth. Now I mail the 29,000 to a sixth, who puts it back into the bank. Who gets how much? (Hint: there isn't enough in there to distribute each character's deposit back to him, because 29,000 of it was deposited twice.)

This problem isn't unsolvable, but it isn't as easy as you might think.

This is almost feasible, but only if:

(1) The extraction item is available.

(2) You can't put money in as a nonsub. If this is allowed, then nonsubs can move credits from one character to another. (This might be possible already, in small quantities, if you can refund credit-bought items on a character who didn't buy them, but this only works for preferred accounts, and is monstrously inconvenient as well. Another possibility, of course, is for the receiving character to put up some crappy starter-world grey drop in the GTN for the 100,000 credits the player wants to move. Nobody will buy this, except the sending character - and if someone does, all the better.)

This choice does a major no-no. Let me give you an example:

I subscribe by time cards, so I have to take an action every 60 days to keep my subscription live. A week before my current time card expires, I am hit by a bus, and spend three weeks in hospital. In fact, the first ten days are spent unconscious, so I can't even ask a friend / significant other to top up my account. My time card expires one week into that time, and, by the description above, my Legacy Bank credits are destroyed. Now I get out of hospital, and not only do I have a permanent limp because of what the bus did to my leg, but those 100 million credits I had are gone forever. In essence, the game has punished me for being hit by a bus. Would you want that to happen to you?

This is the sort of thing that encourages people to play some other game which doesn't destroy parts of the player's account just because he was forced to stop subscribing for a while.

Yes, it is very simple to come up with solutions, but it is hard to come up with solutions that don't alienate the player base. We need simple solutions, not simplistic solutions, and the simplest solution to "I have loads of money on << this character and want it on >> that character" is the one that's already in the game: sending credits in the mail.

Maybe think about letting people deposit credits into their legacy bank. So that Alts can have access to credits without having to log and send them in the mail and log back in again. It would sooo much more convenient.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes

Yes, please :D

Not to f2p. Subs who stop subbing go only to pref.

There's plenty of scope for things going wrong. See below.

So I deposit 10,000 on each of three characters, and 100 on a fourth, then withdraw 29,000 on a fifth. Now I mail the 29,000 to a sixth, who puts it back into the bank. Who gets how much? (Hint: there isn't enough in there to distribute each character's deposit back to him, because 29,000 of it was deposited twice.)

This is almost feasible, but only if:

(1) The extraction item is available.

(2) You can't put money in as a nonsub. If this is allowed, then nonsubs can move credits from one character to another. (This might be possible already, in small quantities, if you can refund credit-bought items on a character who didn't buy them, but this only works for preferred accounts, and is monstrously inconvenient as well. Another possibility, of course, is for the receiving character to put up some crappy starter-world grey drop in the GTN for the 100,000 credits the player wants to move. Nobody will buy this, except the sending character - and if someone does, all the better.)

This choice does a major no-no. Let me give you an example:

I subscribe by time cards, so I have to take an action every 60 days to keep my subscription live. A week before my current time card expires, I am hit by a bus, and spend three weeks in hospital. In fact, the first ten days are spent unconscious, so I can't even ask a friend / significant other to top up my account. My time card expires one week into that time, and, by the description above, my Legacy Bank credits are destroyed. Now I get out of hospital, and not only do I have a permanent limp because of what the bus did to my leg, but those 100 million credits I had are gone forever. In essence, the game has punished me for being hit by a bus. Would you want that to happen to you?

This is the sort of thing that encourages people to play some other game which doesn't destroy parts of the player's account just because he was forced to stop subscribing for a while.

Yes, it is very simple to come up with solutions, but it is hard to come up with solutions that don't alienate the player base. We need simple solutions, not simplistic solutions, and the simplest solution to "I have loads of money on << this character and want it on >> that character" is the one that's already in the game: sending credits in the mail.

I will not start another "ad eternum" discussion about that. I already gave you the option. If you really think Dev's can't deal with ONE of three I said, then believe game is BROKEN, totally and forever broken.

That said, I'm done with "Problematic Seekers" like you and 99% of this community. Hopefully, we do have 1% of real supporters, and I saw few of them replying here.

Ciao

EDIT: Oh, and just to say, you cannot "imagine" every situation that occasionally or eventually "could" happen today, tomorrow or else. Got this => "The past is dead. The future to God's belong. Just live the present."

Edited by henriquecorseuil

Actually it wouldnt be that hard to solve at all. There is already a ledger system in-game, the Guild Bank Ledger, if there was a total of 29,000 credits in the legacy bank and they had to refunded it would just be sent out to the last character (in your case 1 person in the end deposited 29k) or the last characters if multiple characters had deposited the amount and it was still available up to the point where the balance reached 0.

I will not start another "ad eternum" discussion about that. I already gave you the option. If you really think Dev's can't deal with ONE of three I said, then believe game is BROKEN, totally and forever broken.

That said, I'm done with "Problematic Seekers" like you and 99% of this community. Hopefully, we do have 1% of real supporters, and I saw few of them replying here.

Ciao

EDIT: Oh, and just to say, you cannot "imagine" every situation that occasionally or eventually "could" happen today, tomorrow or else. Got this => "The past is dead. The future to God's belong. Just live the present."

Next time, read what I wrote more carefully. Let me give you a summary.

Option A has some hairy issues surrounding handling withdrawing money and putting it in. Real banks have to deal with this - the sum total of all the deposits in a real bank is much bigger than the total amount of cash in that bank's vaults, which is why a "run" on a bank destroys it - but a game shouldn't have to. It isn't so much that option A is impossible as that it is too hard.

Option B can work. There's a few rules that have to go alongside it, but it can work.

Option C is a game-breaker. No matter what, you NEVER impose arbitrary "we'll destroy this thing on your account" rules for things that aren't violations of the terms of service. Yes, violating the terms of service can destroy stuff in the account, all the way up to the whole account, but "I stopped subscribing" isn't a violation of the terms of service.

But overall, I'd still question whether it is worth it.

Relaxing the will to prevent f2p and pref players from easily moving credits from one toon to another will help a lot. If you do that, you can just create the legacy bank, and impose just one restriction: f2p and pref accounts cannot spend money directly from it. (You could allow subscribers to do this, to add an extra incentive to subscribe...)

It's worth noting in this context that preferred accounts can transfer credits from one character to another without enlisting the aid of a subscriber. Imagine that you have 150K credits on character A and you want 100K on character B. Character B lists some crappy piece of low-level gear (e.g. a white level 3 tunic from a starter planet) for the 100K figure (plus a bit to allow for the transaction fees) on the GTN. Character A then buys the item. If some other player jumps in in the meantime and buys the item, hey, so much the better.

• 2 weeks later...

sufficient after all the legacy bank was created so we can have an easier way moving items from one character to another

Refusing the mailing system we was credits choose for transferring credits from one character to another in a room legacy I can understand to using the mailing system if you want the mail credits to a friend of the fact is is that they should not be a restriction for players trying to mail credits from many characters to their main character just so they can consolidate their resources in buying one item on the collective trade network that cost 5 to 10,000,000 credits just because players are ultimately very very greedy please add this so we can dump on credits in some kind of a safety deposit box in the game if you want people to actually pay for this luxury please add the item in the cartel market and put a price tag on that way it is optional buy