[Bug] Don't trust Costume Designer to remember setups

Banthabreeder

I have 2 tabs (1 free, 1 bought) Tab 1 I had set up for my PvE appearance where I placed in the head slot “Red Blade’s Helmet” and in the chest spot I placed “Savage Hunter’s Chestguard”. Tab 2 was set up similar for my PvP gear.

I had been using both tabs for a bit swapping back and forth with no problem.

Today, I swapped out my gear and selected Tab 1 as normal and found that the head slot was now empty and the chest slot was replaced with “Saber Marshal’s Robe”. I’ve never owned “Saber Marshal’s Robe” and I never would wear it as I’m a sniper.

So, I’ve lost the appearance and cost I put forth in order to use this costume designer. Even though I still own those two pieces (thankfully I saved them in my storage box), I’m afraid to recreate the look, for fear it will happen again and I’ll just be out more money.

Exactly this happened today. I added a second tab to the Designer, only to discover that when I logged in again and tried to change back, it was gone and replaced with gear I don't even own on my legacy. Apparently some other players' sets are 'bleeding through' and this is extra nasty because I stamped a dye in the chest piece which is now completely GONE. :mad:

Well, now it has happened to me as well. :mad:

I have bought 8 slots and filled the first seven of them. My appearance was set to show my equipment, no appearance slot. When I logged in today, the contents of the first slot have changed (the other slots stayed the same). Previously, I had a mixture of old level 50 raid gear in them and now it is filled with the Imperial Battle Ace Pilot.

Has anyone tried contacting CS yet to see if they will refund the credit cost?

Edited by Jerba

Well, now it has happened to me as well. :mad:

I have bought 8 slots and filled the first seven of them. My appearance was set to show my equipment, no appearance slot. When I logged in today, the contents of the first slot have changed (the other slots stayed the same). Previously, I had a mixture of old level 50 raid gear in them and now it is filled with the Imperial Battle Ace Pilot.

Has anyone tried contacting CS yet to see if they will refund the credit cost?

CS don't refund credits. It's annoying but they won't.

CS don't refund credits. It's annoying but they won't.

CS just responded to my ticket and refunded the credits. So yes, you do indeed get the credits back if you ask nicely and include all the details. :)

Of course, 30k credits is nothing to get upset about but it's still a nice gesture and shows that CS cares about players.

Now I'm not sure if I should once again apply the outfit (and risk it being bugged again) or wait until this bug is fixed...

Thank you for contacting us about the outfit that got replaced mysteriously 4 days ago on your scoundrel.

I am sorry to hear about this issue, we are starting to get a few reports about it and it is currently under investigation. And after writing this reply, I'm going to check my own characters in case their outfits vanished as well.

I have now refunded the 30'000 credits you spent initially to create the outfit! They have been added to Theho's total on T3-M4.

Hopefully, when you create the outfit again, you won't have a similar issue. If you do, you know where to find us!

Thank you for your patience and understanding, and have a great day!

Edited by Jerba

This happened on one of my characters today and it looks like a cross-linking issue where more than one character references the same outfit designer slot ID.

Said another way:

Character ID 100 is assigned character slot number 200 as its first character slot.

Character ID 110 is ALSO assigned character slot number 200 as its first character slot.

Character ID 100 and character ID 110 each update character slot number 200 (over and over).

Looking at all the reports in this forum and my personal experience, this bug seems to be restricted to the first tab in the Outfit Designer.

This is also my experience but I would be careful to take it for granted.

Many players are just testing the outfit designer and only filling in the first spot, so it's possible that we just have only seen it happen in the first slot because they didn't fill/purchase any additional slots.

Looking at all the reports in this forum and my personal experience, this bug seems to be restricted to the first tab in the Outfit Designer.

It happened to me today when I was adding the fourth tab. After unlocking it, it was already filled with the complete Enhanced Assailant Set. So I didn't actually lose anything. :D

• 3 weeks later...
Happened today on my Scoundrel. Did anyone who sent in a ticket got his outfit tab restored?

Hopefully this get's fixed with 3.3.

I didn't get my tab restored but I got the credits refunded so I could just refill the tab myself.

Since then, it has never happened again which led me to assume that the bug was fixed. Sorry to hear it has happened to you, hopefully they can fix it for real soon, along with the other Costume Designer bugs. :)

• 3 weeks later...