Is there a way to make the UI go invisible when not in combat?

Vallerine

Alt-Z is generally used to hide the UI for taking screenshots, etc.

Ctrl-U is really more designed for "resetting" the UI. This is useful for those times when parts of the UI might not show up because of a driver glitch or whatever. (This doesn't seem to happen to me any more, so maybe, between Windows, SWTOR, and driver updates, it's been fixed) Since it resets the UI, the second use of Ctrl-U takes a few seconds to redraw the UI, whereas Alt-Z is almost instantaneous.

Btw, if your intention is to take screenshots, you could try Shift- Prt Scr (Print Screen). I don't remember if this works in GW2 or SWTOR, or both, but it takes a screenshot without the UI.

Just to throw this out there, you can also re-bind the Control+Z combination so that, for example, I can just hit "Z" and the UI vanishes. If I wanted the UI to vanish when not in combat, I'd re-bind the key to something closer to my regular combat keys (the nunmpad) so that after a fight I could just tap, say, Numpad7 ---- RIGHT near my movement keys --- and the UI would blink off.

Only danger, of course, is that the chat window ALSO vanishes, so you could not see anything anyone was saying in chat. If you were suddenly attacked, your character would draw her weapon, which would be a cue to re-activate your UI with a quick key-tap.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.