The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II, starts on June 20th

t-darko

2. AT-TE withstanding multiple hits from AT-AT cannon fire...again...really? So let's get this straight, an AT-AT which can cause explosions just impacting the ground from its cannons, destroy airspeeders and blow giant holes in turrets doesn't just one shot the outdated walker that looks like its barely being held together?

Even barring that, I recall Kallus opting for intensifying forward firepower. Yet....the walker still survived because...why? Maximum firepower from an AT-AT was able to do this with one shot.

https://j.gifs.com/y4kMMj.gif

Yet you'll say Kallus didn't say Maximum firepower, but the point being is....it would still be an increase of power to the cannons regardless.

But ok fine, i'll be good with an AT-TE being able to take a single hit....but multiple hits in the EXACT same spot and still being able to move and fire its main cannon? No...then you have the other AT-AT also blasting at it too.

As far as I can tell the AT-AT's cannons in this episode are noticeably different from those of the AT-AT's used on Hoth. So there is the possibility to handwave it. There might have been some improvements in between. Or Kallus' AT-AT's cannons sacrifice firepower for the ability to be rotated on these spheres. (Not an expert, but I think the standard AT-AT's main guns can't do that. Could be because it has a direct link to the reactor or something like that.)

Edited by Maaruin

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I can tell the AT-AT's cannons in this episode are noticeably different from those of the AT-AT's used on Hoth. So there is the possibility to handwave it. There might have been some improvements in between. Or Kallus' AT-AT's cannons sacrifice firepower for the ability to be rotated on these spheres. (Not an expert, but I think the standard AT-AT's main guns can't do that. Could be because it has a direct link to the reactor or something like that.)

I was thinking and hoping those AT-ATs are prototypes, so here's hoping and the original AT-AT in Legends could move it's cannons like that.

I was thinking and hoping those AT-ATs are prototypes, so here's hoping and the original AT-AT in Legends could move it's cannons like that.

And look on the bright side, - they didn't miss, not a shot I think while they had them in their sights;)

I truly don't think we gonna see the cheesiness of old in TFA though, I think that is reserved for this cartoon.

Episode 4 was a filler I think, and an introduction of the new inquisitors 'Laurel and Hardy'!! So I guess more water to your mill Wolf!!?

I was thinking 'comfortable' when I watched this episode, I admit my interest in Rebels is pure academic, lorewise that is, small things like the return flight to the Rebel fleet makes me 'content' in my wait on the 18th December!!

Still keep S2 episode 3 as the best yet in the series, as I hold the 3 last episodes of TCW season 5 as the best Star Wars cinematic storytelling since "Empire Strikes Back" . . .

Edited by t-darko

And look on the bright side, - they didn't miss, not a shot I think while they had them in their sights;)

I truly don't think we gonna see the cheesiness of old in TFA though, I think that is reserved for this cartoon.

Episode 4 was a filler I think, and an introduction of the new inquisitors 'Laurel and Hardy'!! So I guess more water to your mill Wolf!!?

I was thinking 'comfortable' when I watched this episode, I admit my interest in Rebels is pure academic, lorewise that is, small things like the return flight to the Rebel fleet makes me 'content' in my wait on the 18th December!!

Still keep S2 episode 3 as the best yet in the series, as I hold the 3 last episodes of TCW season 5 as the best Star Wars cinematic storytelling since "Empire Strikes Back" . . .

It's just bothersome, multiple hits in the exact same spot and the walker was still movable...I'd be ok if perhaps 1 shot, but no multiple hits and just 1 hit alone nearly knocked it out of commission...you'd think multiple hits would completely destroy it.

Don't even get me started on these new Inquisitors, already they are turning into the stereotypes of male and female...