The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SW:Rebels - season II, starts on June 20th

t-darko

Cortosis however as a blaster resistant substance IS canon.

Ref: New Dawn

True, but until it's confirmed as to what Sabine's armor is made out of, I'm just calling it plot armor. I don't have a problem with her surviving, but the visor should at least have been cracked or damaged seeing as it hit directly on.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of wonder if the point was to show, not just that her armor is strong, but that her blaster bolts (which are what hit her when Vader deflected them) are non-lethal - kind of a retroactive "see parents, it's cool - her guns don't actually kill the people they hit - she wasn't actually going on a killing spree all last season every time she shot up some stormtroopers." Edited by DarthDymond

I kind of wonder if the point was to show, not just that her armor is strong, but that her blaster bolts (which are what hit her when Vader deflected them) are non-lethal - kind of a retroactive "see parents, it's cool - her guns don't actually kill the people they hit - she wasn't actually going on a killing spree all last season every time she shot up some stormtroopers."

Either that or blaster bolts deciding to job. It would be weird though her blasters don't kill...I mean she's fighting against an Empire.

Wow the new episode (rather episodes) where really good. Vader was perfect, loved seeing him kick Scooby Doo and gangs butts. The scenes with him dogfighting where probably my favourite, pretty sure Ahsoka caught on right away though, there is only one person she would have known that could fly that well.

By far the best episodes in the show yet, season 2 looks quite promising.

Too bad we got to wait till September for more episodes.

Edited by Newyankalt

More in depth thoughts about the episode.

Wow that was actually *********** fantastic. Perfect episode (or Episodes) to start the season, no cheesy dialogue or minor conflict but something that was really intense with a villain who actually feels threatening. I loved Vader, everything about him was amazing, he crushed them in the force and lightsaber and demolished the fleet, I loved how they emphasized how dark he was though that he had the aura around him.

Ahsoka knew right away though, you could tell. Only Anakin is that good of a pilot too be able to take out entire squads and minor frigates by himself in a fighter. But Vader is clearly a lot more powerful then her. I also liked the touch of how he didn't say his apprentice, he is fully consumed at this point and only his family could change that. Burning the town was a nice touch.

Lando's cameo was great, he's such an awesome character on the show and tbh he has one of the best character models. I was surprised Tarkin wasn't in the episode at all but I think we're at the point where they will start having more off screen stuff and not have to show every moment.

Everything was pretty perfect about this episode I have no complaints at all, 9.5/10. Sidious voice at the end with Vader sort of set the season up very well and this has so much potential now to do a lot of awesome things.

Actually sort of minor complaint is that Sabine just got up after being shot twice (deflected whatever) sort of dumb

Edited by Newyankalt

More in depth thoughts about the episode.

Wow that was actually *********** fantastic. Perfect episode (or Episodes) to start the season, no cheesy dialogue or minor conflict but something that was really intense with a villain who actually feels threatening. I loved Vader, everything about him was amazing, he crushed them in the force and lightsaber and demolished the fleet, I loved how they emphasized how dark he was though that he had the aura around him.

Ahsoka knew right away though, you could tell. Only Anakin is that good of a pilot too be able to take out entire squads and minor frigates by himself in a fighter. But Vader is clearly a lot more powerful then her. I also liked the touch of how he didn't say his apprentice, he is fully consumed at this point and only his family could change that. Burning the town was a nice touch.

Lando's cameo was great, he's such an awesome character on the show and tbh he has one of the best character models. I was surprised Tarkin wasn't in the episode at all but I think we're at the point where they will start having more off screen stuff and not have to show every moment.

Everything was pretty perfect about this episode I have no complaints at all, 9.5/10. Sidious voice at the end with Vader sort of set the season up very well and this has so much potential now to do a lot of awesome things.

Actually sort of minor complaint is that Sabine just got up after being shot twice (deflected whatever) sort of dumb

well - those 43 minutes just did fly by, I know one thing, I want more, feel free to discuss here.

Edited by t-darko

• 2 months later...

A new tease for season 3 starring our favorite clones.

and for the second time - officially - we've been told Clone Troopers > Stormtroopers.

Armor, weapons, and training were greater in the Clone Wars. That's interesting. It was obvious Clones had better training, but I'd have assumed the weapons would have at least been better overall during the Empire. I'm going to interpret that as being an overall generalization, as I'm sure there were exceptions.

Edited by CaulderBenson

and for the second time - officially - we've been told Clone Troopers > Stormtroopers.

Armor, weapons, and training were greater in the Clone Wars. That's interesting. It was obvious Clones had better training, but I'd have assumed the weapons would have at least been better overall during the Empire. I'm going to interpret that as being an overall generalization, as I'm sure there were exceptions.

What was the 1st one?

No it's stupid....at best, they should be = to one another as far as training and the GE have better tech. This was how it was in Legends....

Damnit Dave..../sigh, he's becoming extremely low on being liked by me.

Also did he really use the movies to show why Clones are better?...Because that is laughable.

What did the Clones show, other than overwhelming firepower in the movies?

Compare this to Stormtroopers who while did the former, also showed fantastic accuracy(also noted as better shots than Sand People who were destroying Podracers in EP 1), breaching door maneuvers, H2H combat and stealth capabilities?...

The TIE pilots also showed to be far better than Clone pilots in the movies too.

I mean...did Dave watch the movies here, or did he just get sucked into that retarded nonsense of the GE sucking which is completely untrue?

But this is just going off the movies folks, unless he's also incorporating TCW in his comparison, but looks to me like he just did between the movies given the clips....in which he's very wrong then in saying that Clones are better.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Did the tards in that video even watch the movies?

Well - rapid aging is a big flaw towards the clones - personally I think that the reasons given in the Tarkin novel is enough to count in the stormtroopers favor.

and as Disney only got one canon timeline the movies, novels, comics, rebels, and the TCW carries equal amount of weight in what is 'right' .

the main message in the clip though was that our 3 favorite clones not took part in the execution of 'order 66'.

Edited by t-darko

What was the 1st one?

A previous Rebels video with Pablo Hidalgo creative executive of the Lucasfilm Story Group,

No it's stupid....at best, they should be = to one another as far as training and the GE have better tech. This was how it was in Legends....

I mean...did Dave watch the movies here, or did he just get sucked into that retarded nonsense of the GE sucking which is completely untrue?

But this is just going off the movies folks, unless he's also incorporating TCW in his comparison, but looks to me like he just did between the movies given the clips....in which he's very wrong then in saying that Clones are better.

I would assume he took most of his notes from George Lucas since he worked hand in hand with him and consulted with George heavily on Clone Wars and had discussions with George in the creation of Rebels.

But that's only my assumption regarding this particular point.

I'm think Lucasfilm (and Dave is the second person from Lucasfilm to officially state this) is looking at it more from an overall big picture perspective.

Clones were genetically bred from Jango, instead of run of the mill human recruits from across the galaxy so of course in general they're superior.

However, non clone 501st Stormtroopers (the best of the best) would of course be superior to say...your average Clone Trooper who hasn't seen much action.

There are layers in that statement to consider.

I posted the link because as I stated, he's the second person from Lucasfilm to make that statement which I find notable.

I do find the comment about the Clones having superior tech to be a bit weird though.

Edited by CaulderBenson

the main message in the clip though was that our 3 favorite clones not took part in the execution of 'order 66'.

Which is another George thing from the Clone Wars. The whole bio-engineered chip thing. I'm curious if that will be brought up in the new episodes to any worthwhile degree.

We'll see in October I suppose. :)

Edited by CaulderBenson

Clones were genetically bred from Jango, instead of run of the mill human recruits from across the galaxy so of course in general they're superior.

However, non clone 501st Stormtroopers (the best of the best) would of course be superior to say...your average Clone Trooper who hasn't seen much action.

There are layers in that statement to consider.

I posted the link because as I stated, he's the second person from Lucasfilm to make that statement which I find notable.

I do find the comment about the Clones having superior tech to be a bit weird though.

Except them being cloned would be a moot issue, as Stormtroopers go through brutal training themselves on a high gravity world. Ontop of this Army Troopers are pulled into Stormtrooper training and only the best of the Army Troopers are actually allowed into training and they go through hardcore training too. Again as per Legends material.

The Clone Troopers being clones is kinda a moot issue, because there's only so much training one could get before it becomes a rather moot point.

Plus again as I noted, as per just the movies, the Stormtroopers actually showed better than the Clones. The TIE pilots too.

It's fine if Dave is also including his TCW works, because then....well no **** they would be better, because as of now Dave is running the GE into the ground and the mud to make it so incompetent.

But then he also thinks Luke as of ROTJ is a worthless Jedi who can't fight so.....I really can't take what he says seriously and the Clones having better tech?...

What?...That makes no sense. It's also contradicting other sources, where in comics you have a man having made cyborgs, one of which very Grevious like and he himself made immortal. So....I don't recall the GAR ever having that level of technology.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 3 weeks later...
Rebels is still not as kiddy as Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon. You know, cartoons where people do not actually die. Also, with Tarkun and Vader now in the cartoon, I have a feeling we are going to have plenty of dark moments. You can't have one character known for his ruthlessness, and another known as a baby killer, and not have some dark moments. Edited by cool-dude

We have some a new trailer as well as some new info on the new inquisitor - Kanan's wife. :p

Looks fun.

Been swamped with work but noticed the thread come to life again . . .

Thanks for the clips, really made my day as I haven't got the time to roam the net lately . . .

But back to our earlier Big Question; What do we know of the female inquisitor, Is it Bariss, considering the fixation of Ashoka?

As for a more 'mature' approach of Rebels; I think they realized that there are more 'old' fans watching then new. The season 2 NYC Con trailer(the 1st one of the 3) looks hopeful!

Edited by t-darko

Well that was a pointless episode...

Except it had one of the coolest things I've ever seen in Star Wars. The entire Jaws sequence had me smiling and laughing out loud. It was epic.

I could not have been happier watching that, seeing as how Jaws is one of my favorite movies. :D

Edited by CaulderBenson

Except it had one of the coolest things I've ever seen in Star Wars. The entire Jaws sequence had me smiling and laughing out loud. It was epic.

I could not have been happier watching that. :D

Eh....it was ok, but they could have fit in much more, than have it be a 2 part episode. I just become disappointed after all this time waiting and were given pretty much just filller.

Eh....it was ok, but they could have fit in much more, than have it be a 2 part episode. I just become disappointed after all this time waiting and were given pretty much just filller.

Jaws reference. Can't help but be happy. :)

My dogs chose that moment to start barking, so I missed the exact music, but the music que on the show sounded very close to the original from what I heard.

I'll agree with the filler comment though. I followed Rebels up immediately with new South Park so that lessened the filler nature of the show. :p

Edited by CaulderBenson

Jaws reference. Can't help but be happy. :)

My dogs chose that moment to start barking, so I missed the exact music, but the music que on the show sounded very close to the original from what I heard.

I'll agree with the filler comment though. I followed Rebels up immediately with new South Park so that lessened the filler nature of the show. :p

I missed the new SP, so gotta wait.

But the next part of it looks to be much better, we get AT-ATs! Also this has at least confirmed that Clones were 'decommissioned' as it were so no more clones running around in the Empire, unlike Legends where you had the odd group here and there.

I missed the new SP, so gotta wait.

But the next part of it looks to be much better, we get AT-ATs!

I am very excited by that. :)

And if you miss the 10pm South Park it replays at midnight, I believe.

Also this has at least confirmed that Clones were 'decommissioned' as it were so no more clones running around in the Empire, unlike Legends where you had the odd group here and there.

Yep. That's interesting.

And if there was any doubters left, the command to carry out Order 66 was entirely chip based.

Whatever one's feelings on that is, it's at least 100% settled.

That's cool.

Edited by CaulderBenson

Rebels is still not as kiddy as Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon. You know, cartoons where people do not actually die. Also, with Tarkun and Vader now in the cartoon, I have a feeling we are going to have plenty of dark moments. You can't have one character known for his ruthlessness, and another known as a baby killer, and not have some dark moments.

Well, I did see a few guys get holes punched in them, multiple baddies get blown up and Vegita got a hole shot through his heart ( He did come back though)