Returning home.

Aowin

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unpopular opinion: Ralen is secretly the world's most effective troll.

I have to point this out, I have been in guild with Ralen for most of my time in SWTOR and I have never seen a guy who really means well and wants to see a great pvp community more than him. However, when he types anything be it as simple as "Hi" at the start of Wz's he unintentionally becomes the most effective troll in EH history. Ralen says hi and the flames of rage just erupt across the land. It is super entertaining.

Welcome back Ralen! :)

A lot of nice PVPers just hang out in their respective guild and community.

Your dream of a unified "drama-free" TEH PVP community is an impossible dream... I'm sorry to say.

We may be able to unify the TEH PVP community, but there will always be drama.

There is no way around drama, especially in a PVP environment.

For example: when playing Street Fighter with your friends, there will always be a little bit of rage.

The way humans react to a competitive PVP environment often enhances our anger responses, which leads to flaming/trolling as an outlet for that anger, which leads to drama.

This natural effect will happen in a massively-multiplayer game.

But good luck on your quest!

If I had dumbed down my last response, it could've sounded like Yoda's quote. XD ROFL

"Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to...... suffferrrrinngg"

You're quote is pretty much spot on. People that think there is drama on this server are probably the root cause of most of it....

People need to chill out and just enjoy the game..

Is that a "you smelt it, you dealt it" reply? :) heheh.

There will always be drama happening somewhere, it's a part of human interactions online, because people lose their fear to speak out (online=anonymous=no fear)

And just because I am aware of it, doesn't mean I am the cause of it. XD haha

Welcome back Ralen! :)

A lot of nice PVPers just hang out in their respective guild and community.

Your dream of a unified "drama-free" TEH PVP community is an impossible dream... I'm sorry to say.

We may be able to unify the TEH PVP community, but there will always be drama.

There is no way around drama, especially in a PVP environment.

For example: when playing Street Fighter with your friends, there will always be a little bit of rage.

The way humans react to a competitive PVP environment often enhances our anger responses, which leads to flaming/trolling as an outlet for that anger, which leads to drama.

This natural effect will happen in a massively-multiplayer game.

But good luck on your quest!

The warm welcome is appreciated.

While a unified, drama-free TEH is a nice dream, I recognize how absurd it is and that it will never happen. That's not exactly what I'm striving for, although it is a model. Really, I'm only interested in improving the quality of PvP with more competent players, more action, and less frivolous remarks.

Many individuals are sore losers. They are petty, cruel, immature, and often don't know how to conduct themselves in a competitive environment. These kinds of people will never disappear. However, such a behavior and conduct could be discouraged as a means of improving community synergy.

With the rapidly approaching changes in PvP and what could become a new relevance to ranked arenas, there will be a lot of opportunities. Especially in these shorter matches, there will be the chance to truly change the tone and set a new standard.

Some players will always be beyond help. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to stoop to their level.

Thanks for contributing.

Edited by Aowin

The warm welcome is appreciated.

While a unified, drama-free TEH is a nice dream, I recognize how absurd it is and that it will never happen. That's not exactly what I'm striving for, although it is a model. Really, I'm only interested in improving the quality of PvP with more competent players, more action, and less frivolous remarks.

Many individuals are sore losers. They are petty, cruel, immature, and often don't know how to conduct themselves in a competitive environment. These kinds of people will never disappear. However, such a behavior and conduct could be discouraged as a means of improving community synergy.

With the rapidly approaching changes in PvP and what could become a new relevance to ranked arenas, there will be a lot of opportunities. Especially in these shorter matches, there will be the chance to truly change the tone and set a new standard.

Some players will always be beyond help. That doesn't mean the rest of us have to stoop to their level.

Thanks for contributing.

Words of wisdom. I would gladly help improve the PVP community in this way.

Thanks Ralen.

P.S. I am also excited for the upcoming PVP changes :)