Lvl 30 boss fight...?

Deslan

OK, I'm hoping that the ones answering this won't give away any spoilers for others...

I'm having trouble with the lvl 30 boss fight in the class quest line. You know, aboard that space station...

Tried it at level 29 with all different companions, but failed miserably. If I try to DPS then I just get knocked around unable to do damage, and if I send a companion in then I'm not able to heal him/her fast enough.

So I tried it again at level 30, but only tried with Vector, since that seemed to work best at lvl 29, and only tried going the healing route (well, all my tree points are in healing too). But I failed again. One of the times I tried, I got him down to like 10 health, but he killed me before I could finish him off (Vector died long before that).

So I'm wondering... Has anyone taken him down with DPS tree? Is it worth going back to the Imperial Fleet to respec? Or should I just go to Alderaan and gain a level? I'm just thinking if I suck really bad at healing and need practice, then this boss fight may be a good place to learn until I get a hang of it. But if it's just impossible to heal through at lvl 30, then I don't want to waste my time.

I only have green gear for me and my companion, from quests etc, so I guess I could go to the GTN also and pick up some stuff... Not sure how much that helps.

Suggestions, anyone?

Edited by Deslan

Took him down at level 30 with Concealment tree with companion Vector.

The key is interrupting his lightnings, other then his melee is far too weak and you can heal your self up, also a a few medpacks might be useful incase your interrupts are on CD.

If you are unable to interrupt just run around the consoles to keep him LoS, other then that its a piece of cake.

if you interrupt his casts, he does almost no damage.

Consider this training for when you want to dps in more difficult flashpoints. Interrupting is vitally important.

^, in general as a dps op if you want to solo golds, you gotta learn to set up and effectively use a CC/interupt rotation. And as mentioned, not being able to interupt and cc properly will get you some serious heat from your groupmates in later FP's.

Edited by Verg

if you interrupt his casts, he does almost no damage.

Consider this training for when you want to dps in more difficult flashpoints. Interrupting is vitally important.

Hmm. OK, will try that. But since I'm trying to work it as a healer, I have my companion selected, so spotting his casts and getting the interrupt there will be difficult... I'll give it a shot though, thanks.

EDIT: Interesting. Even though I'm healing specced, winning that fight almost required me to ignore healing and focus on DPS + interrupts. A bit boring to be totally out of options like that. But thanks for putting me straight, wasn't difficult at all when interrupting his skills.

Edited by Deslan