POT5 Ranked Arena Kickball Thread

Cinerous

Hey guys,

So i've seen a lot of people posting that pot5 is a pretty dead server, and I dont really play much so I cant comment on that, but im making an attempt to play more, and I wanted to try and organize a server kickball night.

Ranked kickball would work something like this:

At a set time, people log in, form a large ops group or form up in comms (I have a mumble server we can use), and we pick team captains or randomly assign players to each team, then all the "pug" teams queue team ranked and play against each other, if for example, Team A loses to Team B, and Team A wants to make a trade to make things more balanced, they could trade one of their players for a player from Team B of the same role (No swapping healer for tank or dps for healer ect) sticking to the comp of 1 tank 2 dps and 1 healer.

"Why not just have everyone queue solo ranked?" one might ask, and thats b/c lets be honest, solo ranked in comparison to team ranked is meh, and we want to promote the growth of team ranked in this game, and most solo ranked games are just dps races of 4 dps vs 4 dps and there isnt a whole lot of strategy involved besides "tunnel the merc" or what have you.

Having kickball nights allows players who dont have teams of their own to come out and try out team ranked in an environment that is meant to create some resemblance of fairness/balance, and allowing those players who already play team ranked, to A. meet new pvpers interested in team ranked and B. to play classes they wouldnt necesarily get to play on their current try-hard teams, for example merc heals or engineering sniper or what have you.

I have already spoken to some of the people I play with on pubside, and they expressed interest in the idea, is there people on this server that would be interested in doing something like this maybe once a week or once every other week, having one night where the try-hard guild teams dont queue and everyone comes out for a fun night of non-serious pvp and networking to try and promote the growth of the small ranked population on our server? :rak_03:

If anyone has any questions/thoughts/concerns/suggestions regarding this, feel free to comment on this thread, or message me privately via the forum accounts or in game, my in game toons on pot5 that dont have alt codes are Cinerous and Versace

name a day and an hour

waiting to see if theres more interest than just the ppl ive talked to already before setting a date and a time. hate to set everything up then just have it be the ppl i talked to already

EDIT: also trying to see if there is a general consensus on certain days working better/not working for a majority of people.

Edited by Cinerous

Hi there Cinderous - one of your members Ares reached out to me and asked about RL's interest.

We are open to this - if anything, I see it as a possible way to build a more pleasant community on Pot5.

Let us know more details. I think we would be most open to a time of after 9pm server time.

MB

After getting some feedback from different groups of players, we're going to shoot for May 19th for our first night of ranked kickball, we'll try and get people to start to log in around 10 pm server time.

Tell your friends in your guild to come out as well, the more ppl that show up the better this will be

So idiot of the month award goes to me, I forgot today was the 18th not the 19th and was unsuccessful in getting groups together bc w2b tanks, but definately going to shoot for tomorrow the 19th @ 10:00 as originally planned before I derped :rak_02: looking forward to good games

I thought the games were really close. Maybe should have mixed up the teams every two or three games something like that.

Anyways, I had fun and would totally do this again. Hopefully we can get even more people next time.

Yea the idea that I had was that to make things fair, if Team X beats Team Y, after the match Team Y has the option to trade one of their players to Team X in return for someone from Team X of the same role (for example trading one dps for another dps ect) but each time I asked the other team they said they didnt want to swap or anything they were having too much fun. But def a lot of close games that came down to 2v2s ect

GGz

• 2 weeks later...
We should try and do this again. (Maybe try and have it occur regularly?) People are trying to get ranked rewards and, with the current state, queues are hard to come by. Last night (Monday) we managed to rally together about 14 Pubs to queue ranked (3 or so healers 11 dps). It was a lot of fun playing with and against people you knew (Actually.... Might have just been fun because getting a ranked queue pop is like finding a unicorn). Once it got later and the queues stopped popping we tried to form 2 teams but it seemed that we were too late and people had enough interest to sit in queue but not enough interest to accept a party invite. I was unable to be around for this last time and I really wanted to participate.

Yea, we did get pub side popping last night.

Anyways, I'm down to do this anytime. I will say this, I'd rather use teamspeak than mumble (I have mic issues with mumble)

do we want to try for every Monday night starting around 1030 eastern?