Deep Core Pack. Not a rep item in every pack?

I've now opened 5+ hypercrates and I'm still not legend in Esstran Reputation.

It states on the packs that each contains 1 Esstran Exports Item.

So why is it that not every one contains a reputation item?

What else falls under the category of "Esstran Exports Item"?

(btw. it normally takes me 2½-3 hypercrates to max out the reputation...)

This is nothing new. This has been the case since Cartel Certificates were introduced. You either get a rep item or a Cartel Certificate.

You've been extremely lucky or unlucky depending on what you want more of. It's still random and you may have had more green/blue ones than purples to begin with on top of that.

Bad luck, but the next two series will have the same rep items, so I guess it depends on how important getting that rep maxed is to you...I can wait. I opened 2.5 crates and got to Champion. I got a pretty good mix with a good amount of purple rep items in the mix.

Well... I've got over 150 cartel certificates, so I don't really need more.

And I'm waiting to record some storyline videos but I need those new weapons from the reputation vendors.

But seriously... 5+ hypercrates?

I lost count after 4 hypercrates and 20+ separate crates, but that's still well above 100 crates opened.

Green rep items give 290+ reputation. Blue give 880+.

You need 70.000 rep (IIRC) to reach legend... That means 241 green rep items or 79 blue items.

Accounting for the purple items, I'd say I've gotten way too many cartel certificates then :(

Well... I've got over 150 cartel certificates, so I don't really need more.

And I'm waiting to record some storyline videos but I need those new weapons from the reputation vendors.

But seriously... 5+ hypercrates?

I lost count after 4 hypercrates and 20+ separate crates, but that's still well above 100 crates opened.

Green rep items give 290+ reputation. Blue give 880+.

You need 70.000 rep (IIRC) to reach legend... That means 241 green rep items or 79 blue items.

Accounting for the purple items, I'd say I've gotten way too many cartel certificates then :(

Blue ones give 680+ btw, not 880+

But yeh it seems to me that you've been extremly unlucky on the rep side and got an above average amount of certificates. However, on the note that Deep Core Packs don't have a rep item in every pack, that's nothing new for a long time already.

They've made across the board adjustments with these new packs in order to force us to buy more hypercrates/packs. You can think of it like intentional price inflation. (i.e. - Same size box, but less oz. per box)

After they managed to price creep the hypercrates up to the point where you had to spend $39.99 to get one hypercrate, and saw that it stuck without protest, now they are adjusting the pack contents for even more profit. Unless everyone gets pissed they wont stop.

This why everyone is noticing a lighter then usual payload in these packs. Things like armors, rep items etc. have all been separated out a lot more. It is also the reason that the single item packs drop no rep items at all. This is all just a grand attempt to force you to have to spend more in order to max out your rep, or obtain full sets of items.

Edited by Holocron

Honestly I'd like the option to exchange Certificates for purple rep items at a vendor somewhere. Would be useless to people that don't want rep (or need it), but help people that want the rep

I just wish we could trade it on the GTN.

Also... purple jawa junk was super rare...

first pack: 0

2nd pack: 6

3rd pack: 0

4th pack: 9

*that's hypercrates, not individual packs.

Edited by OddballEasyEight