Rep side PVP on the Progenitor is masochism

zhezvya

It's not even funny any more. I usually queue for solo ranked or regular and I see folk talking in ops chat about loosing before the match begins, like imps only consist of elite fighters in premade with GODEMODE ON! Ok, I agree that premade is an often case on Imp side, but it doesn't mean that you loose by default if you are a company of pugs, not saying about getting facerolled. And the latter happens terribly often.:(

I've started a habbit to inspect players before the match begins a while ago and usually in regs I see 2-3 people including myself with 2018 exp and the rest- in mixed gear or with no PVP gear at all. And then people in chat go about how imps are overpowered and hit like hammer.

No, I'm not hell of a fighter but I can find ways to contribute in winning the WZ whether I play my dps, healer or tank. There is nothing special in learning at least how to be useful, not everyone has time to become an elite warlord, but it seems that on Rep side 70% of the community knows little of what to do in PVP matches and cares little about getting minimally equipped. If we add an often matching against premade, it makes PVPing for reps a terrible experience.

When I had my "faceroll times" I was naturally wondering how to improve my performance. Please, there are hundreds of manuals with tips and "how to"'s.

I have started to think that many impatient glory-lovers rushed to join Imp side to compenstate pain felt by burning down former allies. As a result queue times are becoming longer, and solo ranked pops take forever now- no one wants to be destroyed. I don't want to change fractions because of constant shameful defeats- all my mains are reps,- it seems like changing server will do.:(

PS: Of course, Reps win, when people who's names you've learned by heart appear online, at least 2-3 on a PUG team, but it is ridiculos to put your hopes in chance of having the same people on your team all the time. After one of the matches when Rep team got smashed I've met the same previously top-rated Imps in 4 vs 4 regular match. We were 3 average dps and -mere luck!- a solid healer I knew from his WZ appearances. We've finished both rounds in a bit more than a minute each with no one defeated on our side. JUST ONE HEALER WHO KNEW WHAT TO DO AND EVERYONE WITH 2018 EXP.

You mention the "good" players you look for or recognise, I can only suggest you make yourself known to them and become friendly so you can pre with them sometimes.

The main reason Pubs struggle more than they used to is that many of the well known characters moved to PvP servers.

As for the "cry moar" comment - there are many sub 12 year olds and moronic numpties who don't understand that a lack of players of either faction increases queue times and kills competitiveness on the server.

These are the face rollers who will do anything to avoid an even fight so they can stroke their epeen. Just ignore their comments as the childish ignorance they are, unfortunately they appear in all games.

The more intelligent pre players know that its the gear and pre that make them good and so don't face roll much beyond their dailies unless their are other pre's around.

• 1 year later...

Gotten a lot worse... and its just not max level PvP, I am finding a lot of... dummies impsíde, but I also meet reps that outright laugh endlessly and toss around insults while completely murdering the enemy team. And its against other rep teams too.

But yeah, the lack of gear at times is worrying. People are either stupid, or dont care, or are just there to sabotage or something. I wish there was some forced balancing and less need for gear, or like many other threads specify, permit PvP with only fully geared people, and not limit it to just RANKED and UNRANKED.

But yeah, its an issue to find people that know what to do, or don't give a bleedy flap about it. And facing either partial or complete premades either out to destroy your team 100% for lols or if you just go on bad teams... its saddening. And yeah, I am a bit of a crybaby if you were going to say that, deal with it in your own way... uhm... ram a wall perhaps?

Hope people either learn to gear up or other PvP types are introduced, it is badly needed. Let the new meat play against equally new and uncaring meat, or idiots if thats the case, some system that analyzes what first timers and new guys do in WZs. I know, sounds bad, wrong and other things you might think of, but it would help... and corss-server PvP, whty is it not a thing? Would be shorter queue times too.

Edited by Balnazaar
Misread thread, editing accordingly

Progenitor was always like that, thats why i stopped with PVP as soon as i got my Valor 100 achievment.

Rep side PVP was always a pain, unless you played in premades, prefferably with 8 players (2 groups of 4 sync quing), otherwise you will get facerolled. Also you can play at times when the imp pvpers sleep, like early morning and during lunch, otherwise its a no-win situation.

However, every veteran player has toons on both sides, so there are times when the players come over to rep side and then the wins shift to rep side, but that is really rare. Overall nothing helps against this, on TRE for example you have the same, with reps rarely winning, its simply the inbalance in the game where the good players preffer imp side and the looks of the abilities of the imp toons: Death from Above vs. Mortal Volley, Lightining vs. Debris throwing etc. Going imp side doesnt help either cause you will wind up against the same imps, since reps wont que and it will be imp vs imp.

So the best would be not to pvp :)

• 2 months later...
Is it different on any other servers?

There have been people claiming rep side i stronger on some servers yet due to the recent migration i dont know the state of it now. On TRE you can pretty much do fine as Rep side if the premades arent that active.

However, Progenitor has very strong premades too, but there is very few of them and its hard to get in group with them. Nomads are a good example.