Questiosn to DEVS: Why is Force Rend is a thing, and why it is important to have it ?

znihilist

We don't,

but across all classes with 3.0 they wanted to give everyone a new 'thing' (either ability or replacement), regardless of whether we need it.

If all the other specs got something new, except Watchman, then sentinels would be crying they didn't get a new shiny thing.

Problem is, Force Melt was not what we needed at all. I'd be happy if they took it out and gave us a Master Strike replacement that could be used on the move - or just a talent that lets it be used on the move.

TL;DR Force Rend is just to tick a box of "give them new thing"

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

We don't,

but across all classes with 3.0 they wanted to give everyone a new 'thing' (either ability or replacement), regardless of whether we need it.

If all the other specs got something new, except Watchman, then sentinels would be crying they didn't get a new shiny thing.

Problem is, Force Melt was not what we needed at all. I'd be happy if they took it out and gave us a Master Strike replacement that could be used on the move - or just a talent that lets it be used on the move.

I don't necessarily agree or disagree with that. But knowing what is their design framework is, will allow us to better understand the situation, and to be honest it sort of removes a big the reason why the community is pissed off.

If I knew why Force Rend is a must, I (and the rest) can better argue for why some changes should be implement, or shouldn't be implemented.

Well no spec "needs" a new ability for higher damage. Especially for a class like Sentinel which feels like playing the piano sometimes.

No reason why they needed to add a new ability to increase dps when a simple talent to increase certain attacks by x% would have done the same. It's more so that people don't feel left out that their spec didn't get a new attack like everyone else did. Especially when the attack is as moribund and uninspired as Force Melt.

We don't,

Yeah, most everyone got something new alright(for the better or worse). Except sab slingers and engi snipers! Really, *** new did they get?

Yeah, most everyone got something new alright(for the better or worse). Except sab slingers and engi snipers! Really, *** new did they get?

They got loads new!! Frag grenade's AoE was taken away - THEN GIVEN BACK to only damage weak + standards!! See? We got something!! ^_^

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

They got loads new!! Frag grenade's AoE was taken away - THEN GIVEN BACK to only damage weak + standards!! See? We got something!! ^_^

Yeah and don't forget that EMP rework that nobody asked about ;) .

If you ask me, every discipline should've gotten a new skill on lvl 56. And why is that? Hm...EXPANSION maybe? It EXPANDS?

How have sents(outside of Conc) and sab slingers been expanded hm?

Edit: because it's logical for a GRENADE to deal single target dmg only lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Cuiwe