Forum Search Feature? Please?

Ewach

These forums are SO active it's nearly impossible to find anything on a specific subject.

Is there a forum search feature and I've just not found it yet?

If there's not, then why not?

The search feature on forums is not exactly revolutionary at this point in time; it's pretty much an expected function.

I am hoping it was just turned down for the opening day, we'll see though I guess - They do actually have one already, just turned off at the moment :) See my signature for what to put in google to search though, it's a workaround but updates much slower obviously

Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was temporarily disabled during the launch and initial phase of the game....something to do with taxing the servers. Don't remember seeing an ETA on when they were going to re-enable it though.

Pretty sure I read somewhere that it was temporarily disabled during the launch and initial phase of the game....something to do with taxing the servers. Don't remember seeing an ETA on when they were going to re-enable it though.

The short version is that vbulletin's search is kinda bad, and doesn't scale effectively to the number of users here. Doing something about this is challenging; the underlying problem is that it uses mysql and there is just no way to get mysql to scale. I suspect they're just waiting for the load to drop off.

(Beats me why big game developers keep using vbulletin, when it has these issues that make life hard for everybody)