PoT5 = Dead > Need Merge ASAP

exodusdm

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess Bioware is going to try and collect as much revenue off of server transfers as they can and let the players that don't transfer sit in endless queues, 6 v 8 warzones, and empty planets before they think about merging. I am not transferring and going to let my sub run out until they resolve the population problem. In the meantime, there is Witcher 3 and other games. Edited by MotorCityMan

The point of the huge discount on transfers is to let players decide where they want to transfer to rather then picked by BW. Then after the discount is over they will get rid of the most empty servers and migrate to whatever server any stragglers. Well that's my guess anyway.

So your welcome to wait and do something else. Just hope it doesn't backfire on you and then now you have to pay the full 1800cc because you got moved to a server you don't like.

Edited by Nightblazer

Eventualy they'll merge, cos maintain a server costs, and maintain a server with few people is dumb. They'll have to keep the server on while there's players and it'll cost them, so they'll merge.

What they're doing is, earning at leas some from transfer and see the flow, after that they'll see whats the servers that's the better option to merge the other. Even if you transfer a char you'll probly have other char there, low lever or something, and they'll need to merge it or move it freely or else they cannot terminate the server.

Even that's low price, I refuse to spend, even 90cc to something bioware should do free.

The only reason servers wasnt merge is that bioware DEVs dumb.

They said something even better than cross server and yet deliver nothing even close to similar. 90CC transfer isnt better than cross server. I can't think something better than it.

Bioware DEVs do not make cross server only to say SWTOR is different from other games, but differen isnt always better.

Edited by Benets

They won't do cross server. It's not going to happen. The point of the discount is get the transfer done now, as many as possible and then move the remaining players over.

Rumor is they will be switching to mega servers, 1 west, 1 east and 1 Europe and then just add a feature to where you can switch between a pvp instance or pve similar to how you can go to your map now and switch to balmorra1, balmorra 2, etc.

That is the rumor anyway just have to wait and see.

What i could bet is: That big timeout of 15 hours probly to do something on servers preparing to the future merge.

That's what I was thinking when they have that huge 14 hour maintenance that was like 16 hours, probably getting ready for just that or like I mentioned mega servers.

Honestly I would totally enjoy mega-servers (provided bioware's hardware supports that amount of people). People can enjoy the 3 types of gameplay provided at their leisure. Of course they will have to make these ignore lists go beyond 100, so the undesirables can be ignored as well as the gold spammers.

The smart solution is cross server. But as i said it's the smart solution i don't think bioware will go for it.

It is the best solution bat at this point with so few servers, I'm just expecting a merge with the release of the new expansion. Plus dropping the transfer cost just to 90cc pretty much is a give away to a merge.

Edited by Nightblazer

Question, if you look at the leaderboard, what is the highest ranked person from Pot5 (a PVP Server) ?

How many in the top 100 ? 200 ? 500 ?

There are not enough people left on Pot5 to even get the Q's to pop.

Come on Bioware, get off your asses and merge this dead server already.

PLEASE.

Question, if you look at the leaderboard, what is the highest ranked person from Pot5 (a PVP Server) ?

How many in the top 100 ? 200 ? 500 ?

There are not enough people left on Pot5 to even get the Q's to pop.

Come on Bioware, get off your asses and merge this dead server already.

PLEASE.

That's not going to make them merge the server. I'm sure they already have plans you'll either need to spend the 90cc to transfer per character or wait to they reveal what they are doing. A discount that much clearly hints at something, your just going to have to patient a lil while longer

That's not going to make them merge the server. I'm sure they already have plans you'll either need to spend the 90cc to transfer per character or wait to they reveal what they are doing. A discount that much clearly hints at something, your just going to have to patient a lil while longer

I have more than 12 characters with legacy gear, so transferring one makes no sense, I play light and dark and send my gear back and forth as needed.

I have 4 strongholds at 100%. Tatooine alone was about 11 milion to fully unlock.

I am guild master, I have spent 100+ million on Guild Ships (light and dark @ 50m each) and 5 million to open each additional room.

I am NOT going to transfer my characters one by one and lose the guild ships and stongholds. I would rather unsubscribe, which technically I have already done, I was just prepaid until August. I'm just looking for a reason to re-subscribe.

We need a server merge.

Could not even get PVP q pops on a holiday weekend... on a pvp server. Sad, just sad.

It's summer time and the population has not increased...that's should tell you something. I imagine this game will be dead by next year. The reason we are not having anymore merges is because this game is dead and Bioware/EA is trying to get what they can out of it before scrap the whole game.

It's summer time and the population has not increased...that's should tell you something. I imagine this game will be dead by next year. The reason we are not having anymore merges is because this game is dead and Bioware/EA is trying to get what they can out of it before scrap the whole game.

Everyone is either moving to harbinger, Jedi covenant or Jung ma I believe. This game is not dead. The people are going to more populated servers rather then one that is dead and this server is known as a dead server.

Nothing is going to happen till the expansion hits and no information is going to be released till closer to it. Honestly there is no point in guessing. Since we don't know what is really being discussed behind closed doors.

Everyone is either moving to harbinger, Jedi covenant or Jung ma I believe. This game is not dead. The people are going to more populated servers rather then one that is dead and this server is known as a dead server.

Nothing is going to happen till the expansion hits and no information is going to be released till closer to it. Honestly there is no point in guessing. Since we don't know what is really being discussed behind closed doors.

I'm Ebon Hawk, which was a well known heavy populated server. It's not a standard to light server. Other servers have similiar population. Again, this is summer time and ALL these server should be filled even if some of them aren't.

poT5 hasn't been filled in a long time from what I have seen. But like I said we don't know what they are thinking or what is going to happen. Also one issue with merging like the previous person said is how to handle guild and guild ships and strongholds.

The first merger didn't have any of that so it made it easier.now that flagships and strong holds are invved they have to be able to move those. I've heard of people transferring and they lost their strong hold and had to put in a ticket to get it back. That has to be addressed before any merger or they will have a ton of people upset that their flagships or strong holds are messed up.

I'm Ebon Hawk, which was a well known heavy populated server. It's not a standard to light server. Other servers have similiar population. Again, this is summer time and ALL these server should be filled even if some of them aren't.

Hi there TEH player too... What the hell are you talking about? Harbinger is always filled with tons of people and JC is the next. TEH is still a well populated server and if you haven't noticed there actually have been more people coming to the server for the past few weeks.

GG tho.

POT5 Players

1 Transfer are now 90CC per character

2. Moving to Shadowlands

3. Make sure to pull all out of Legacy locker before transfer or it will be gone.

4. Legacy names ( Will have to make new one if never been on the server.

5. Strongholds will be reset to new, All room paid for will be open and ready for use. You will have to redecorate.

6. Guild Ship no word from Bioware but most likely it will be like Stronghold.

Shadowlands server ping for me 36ms

PVP Que times POT5 = 45m

PVP Que times Shadowlands = 2m to 3m

Play is smoother and has a good PVP group for a PVE server.

Enjoy

i said a long time ago when "Mr. Lotion" and his supporters were making a big stink all over the boards with their petitions and trash-talking of the game that Pot5 was shooting itself in the foot and will eventually bleed itself out... looks like i was right, good job guys, you killed your own server, or rather your vocal minority did... honestly i don't see a server merger fixing anything but rather find it may be detrimental to whatever server it becomes merged with, it's probably best the Pot5 people are being spread across various servers rather than congregating together again, hopefully the guilty parties that killed Pot5 won't group back up on another server, to share their convoluted game killing behavior again...

[Dead, death, stillness, the void, nothingness, bottomless pit, eternal darkness, entropy, negative, end, cancel, dying, transfer, quit, quitting, endless queues, empty planets, 6v8 warzones, no warzones, no pops,] tag. PoT5 Edited by MotorCityMan

• 5 weeks later...