Easiest/cheapest way to obtain a Personal Holo Trainer?

Kyosji

Hey guys, what is the easiest or cheapest way to obtain a personal holo trainer? I've heard cartel or rep venders sell it, but I havent found one yet, and the GTM usually has nothing, and when I do see one, they are asking amounts that no one buys them for (ie, 10 million +)

There are 3 practical ways I know of to get a holo trainer.

1) Buy vice commandant packs off the gtn to open for cartel certs and rep items to be able to buy the holos from the vendor in the cartel bazar.

2) Play a slot machine long enough to get the rep and cartel certs needed to buy the holo

3) Save up credits to buy the holo off the GTN.

Going with option 1 gives you the chance to hit on a Revan vendor holo too. It took my GF 3 hypercrates to get her rep and certs and it took 4 for me. In that time we both got one Revan each. To be clear we were going for both the rep and imp holos (faction specific) on our accounts. You can use cc to unlock the holo account wide for the ones from the rep vendor once you have activated it.

There was a fourth option but without time travel you just can't do it. Pre-order RotHC

find a stronghold that has gambling machine on it - ask around if anything (you could also buy machine for yourself, but while they are much cheaper nowadays than when they just came out? they are still not super cheap, last I checked). buy tokens. get rep and hopeful a certificate or several. gamble until you have necessary reputation. buy holotrainer or trainers of your choice. it will not be cheap. but it WILL be much cheaper than buying statue from GTN. vendor is down in cartel bazaar section of the fleet. when you enter - on your right there's BBA area? opposite from that on the other side of the room, there's another hutt with vendors clustered around it. one of those vendors sells the statues.

above, or just buying statue from GTN are the ONLY 2 ways you can get a holotrainer. hutt trainer? was preorder exclusive from Makeb expansion and is no longer obtainable.

bwah, type too slow :p

Edited by Jeweledleah

The_Wulff pretty much nailed it. Short of finding them on the GTN for a reasonable price or getting lucky with an old pack, there aren't any alternatives. Farming for rep via packs is quite expensive as well. The Hutt holo seemed like such a so-so reward for preordering RotHC but it's paid for itself sooooo much.

The_Wulff pretty much nailed it. Short of finding them on the GTN for a reasonable price or getting lucky with an old pack, there aren't any alternatives. Farming for rep via packs is quite expensive as well. The Hutt holo seemed like such a so-so reward for preordering RotHC but it's paid for itself sooooo much.

farming rep via gambling machine is MUCH cheaper. its all its good for nowadays.

farming rep via gambling machine is MUCH cheaper. its all its good for nowadays.

Aren't rep tokens pretty rare with the machines or was that the jawa junk that took a huge hit? Haven't used mine in days. But yeah if they still drop regularly, that's a good alternative.

Edited by Kadin

Aren't rep tokens pretty rare with the machines or was that the jawa junk that took a huge hit? Haven't used mine in days. But yeah if they still drop regularly, that's a good alternative.

It was mainly the jawa scraps that took the hit, well pretty much everything not-rep took a massive hit. IIRC the drop chance of green rep even went up a tiny bit.

Edited by MFollin

How much do those packs on the GTN usually cost? Also, where do you find slot machines, and how much do they cost to use?

If you're on Bastion, let me know and I'll give you a key to my Stronghold which has one as well.

Oh and the token are 750 I believe, used to be 500.

Edited by Kadin

Also, where do you find slot machines, and how much do they cost to use?

The slot machines were interactive decorations a few packs back, and each token costs 750 credits.

One token gets you one spin, and from that you have a chance at a prize or nothing.

I don't know if they're still current, but these were the revised drop rates people reported after the slot machine nerf:-

45% : lose

20% : free spin

0.2% : green crafting material token

0.15% : blue crafting material token

0.1% : purple crafting material token

16.999% : green reputation item

13% : blue reputation item

4.5% : purple reputation item

0.05% : Cartel Market Certificate

0.001% : Walker mount

There are two trainer holos, Darth Malgus for all Imperial classes and Satelle Shan for all Republic classes.

Both can be bought in the Cartel Bazaar area of the appropriate fleet, from the Contraband Resale vendors.

Both need Friend reputation, four Cartel Market Certificates, and 25,000 credits. As you can see though, the Cartel Market Certificate is a pretty low drop rate, so expect to be at it a while.

Both only need to be bought once and can then be unlocked account wide using Cartel Coins.

Edit: If you're on The Progenitor, I have a slot machine in my Stronghold, I'll happily give you a key to come and use it if you can't find one in an open Stronghold.

Edited by Bugisttod

If you're on Bastion, let me know and I'll give you a key to my Stronghold which has one as well.

Oh and the token are 750 I believe, used to be 500.

I'm sure my guild has one somewhere. We have over 600 people, but I'm not sure of the cost. I just made a crap-ton of characters, and maxed out their legacy Class exp, so I only have about 300k to my name currently.

The slot machines were interactive decorations a few packs back, and each token costs 750 credits.

One token gets you one spin, and from that you have a chance at a prize or nothing.

I don't know if they're still current, but these were the revised drop rates people reported after the slot machine nerf:-

45% : lose

0.2% : green crafting material token

0.15% : blue crafting material token

0.1% : purple crafting material token

16.999% : green reputation item

13% : blue reputation item

4.5% : purple reputation item

0.001% : Walker mount

There are two trainer holos, Darth Malgus for all Imperial classes and Satelle Shan for all Republic classes.

Both can be bought in the Cartel Bazaar area of the appropriate fleet, from the Contraband Resale vendors.

Both need Friend reputation, four Cartel Market Certificates, and 25,000 credits. As you can see though, the Cartel Market Certificate is a pretty low drop rate, so expect to be at it a while.

Both only need to be bought once and can then be unlocked account wide using Cartel Coins.

Great info, thanks!

[...]

[...]

Is the 0.05% correct?? (or is it really 5%, though then the total % wouldn't match)

If so, and if my math is right, that means to get the 4 certificates to buy ONE of the two holos will require about:

8000 total spins (8000 * 0.0005 = 4 certificates)

6400 paying spins (takes out the free 20% spins)

= 4.8 Million credits!

And if a spin takes 6 seconds (total guess, been a while since I played the slots), it'll take

800 minutes!

That's for one of them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Current going rate on Shadowlands GTN is ~3-4M each.

Is the 0.05% correct?? (or is it really 5%, though then the total % wouldn't match)

If so, and if my math is right, that means to get the 4 certificates to buy ONE of the two holos will require about:

8000 total spins (8000 * 0.0005 = 4 certificates)

6400 paying spins (takes out the free 20% spins)

= 4.8 Million credits!

And if a spin takes 6 seconds (total guess, been a while since I played the slots), it'll take

800 minutes!

That's for one of them. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Current going rate on Shadowlands GTN is ~3-4M each.

Taking the variance into account people have estimated it closer to 6 million per holo paid out but I don't think people have taken into account the amount you get back from vendoring rep items after you hit the rep cap. I'd guess it comes out to about 2-3 mill all said and done per holo

I'll ask the obvious: did you right click to bind it. Then go to another toon to see if you could buy the unlock via collections?

How long did it take, and about how much did it cost you to unlock via the slots? Sounds like the odds on getting those certificates much be much higher than posted.

I'll ask the obvious: did you right click to bind it. Then go to another toon to see if you could buy the unlock via collections?

^This is the correct way to do this. You may even need to log all the way out of the game and back in to another toon.

If it does not work for you send in an in game trouble ticket for some reason the statue doesn't always unlock correctly. There are other threads about this in the forums and each of the posters just had to get the right CS agent to help them. I would recommend that if you are getting the one for the other faction that you get it before putting in the ticket so they both can be fixed at the same time

How long did it take, and about how much did it cost you to unlock via the slots? Sounds like the odds on getting those certificates much be much higher than posted.

Yeah, I did all that. Only thing I am questioning is that it's still showing it's refundable for another hour and a half. Wondering if that would be the reason.

I don't recall having to wait for it to come off of the refund period for me to be able to unlock mine. If you want to be safe you can get the holo refunded. Save enough certs to buy both the rep and imp ones then purchase both, log all the way out and then in on a third toon to try to unlock them. From there if it is a problem you can try CS to see if they can get you fixed up. with item purchases the clock is only running while you are logged into the toon with the item so it gives you time to try a few things. If for some reason CS says they can't help you, you can still get a refund for the item and get something else.

The annoying part is that I had to get this on my main, fully leveled character, and the timer isnt a general timer countdown. I literally need to be on my main for 2 hours before it becomes permanently bound during 12x xp....That's just dumb. I'll have to just sit there for 2 hours waiting for the timer to end, and logging out means the timer stops.

Rep is practically ALL it drops. Well, rep and failure.

There's a 45% chance that your spin will be a loss, 20% chance that your spin will just win your token back, total chance of 34.5% that your spin will win a rep item, and total chance of 0.5% that your spin will win anything that isn't a rep item. (Factoring out the free spins turns it into: 56.25% of all tokens bought are likely to become losses, 43.12% of all tokens bought are likely to become rep items, and 0.63% of all tokens bought are likely to become any other type of prize.)

It's basically an unreliable randomized rep item dispenser for the specific rep group that it was made for, with a very small chance that maybe it might occasionally consider dropping something else instead.

They probably could have done so much more with it (maybe a model more like the Nightlife event's machines with some sort of legacy bound prize ticket (something exclusive to this specific machine) exchangeable for a variety of bind on pickup prizes), but they probably won't ever do anything more with these machines at all because we scared them off with the ruckus and stink created over the issue before and after they rushed out a fix for the admittedly overgenerous Jawa scrap and Cartel Certificate drop rates that it had when it first launched (which compounded with the addition of grade 11 materials to the Jawa vendors in the same patch (and also with the overly generous pricing scheme of the Jawa vendors (and the huge stockpiles of scrap already present in people's holds from packs and conquests)) to create an endless flood of high end materials into the market).

Edited by Muljo_Stpho

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.