Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

12x XP with recent changes, almost perfect

MaximusRex

The only further improvement I would suggest, starter sets of Mod gear were added to the fleet, available at level 7, but the class quests on the starter world don't give comms, but the complete set costs 48 comms, so by time you can afford the set you are massively over level for it, I was 15 by time I left Korriban as it was.

I would suggest that you just make these quest reward items for the starter worlds, even if it means you can equip a couple pieces a bit early. It would be a great way to get players into the Mod system and teach about appropriate stats.

My play breaks down something like this now.

60% Running/travel

25% Gearing, re-gearing, crafting for myself and comp and training

10% Watching cut scenes

5% Fighting

I appreciate being able to run the story quests for Exp and level that way, but for me it seems to accentuate all the reasons I left the game in the first place :p

I just feel like I spend most of my time managing this game, instead of playing it. Really my biggest complaint.

60% Running/travel

10% Watching cut scenes

5% Fighting

I appreciate being able to run the story quests for Exp and level that way, but for me it seems to accentuate all the reasons I left the game in the first place :p

I just feel like I spend most of my time managing this game, instead of playing it. Really my biggest complaint.

Kill more stuff.

60% Running/travel

10% Watching cut scenes

5% Fighting

I highly doubt that's an accurate breakdown, but in any event, if you want a game where you almost nothing but combat, I suggest a FPS.

60% Running/travel

10% Watching cut scenes

5% Fighting

Travel really shouldn't be so much. With all speeder points unlocked now, and the cooldown on quick travel, you can cross the planets rather quickly. Pattern of most class content is arrive on planet -> talk to X, go to Y, report back to X, go to outpost Z, repeat. Whenever you have to go back to main base, or travel to an outpost, just either get yourself killed (get in combat and /stuck), or use quicktravel back to base or to the closest speeder you need.

Every planet gives a hour long xp boost as an award at the end, and the end of each chapter gives a 3 hour boost. But even listening to the dialog you should finish a planet in less than an hour unless you just hang around doing something, I've got too many xp boosts banked up already. Skipping the dialog you could probably get through 2 to 3 planets an hour easy. No longer do you have to travel across the long barren wastelands of hoth or tattoine to get the speeder point unlocked. And to speed things up when you have to go to an enemy base at the far end of a section, just use the speeder to go to the next section of the planet and travel backwards by foot, usually ends up being much much shorter travel distance, and also unlocks the quick travel point for when you have to quickly go back to that far outpost.

Running a bit off topic here, people were hitting 55 in about 6 to 8 hours rushing it before. I'm sure with the travel changes now an hour or two can be shaved off of that

Edited by Maxil

The only further improvement I would suggest, starter sets of Mod gear were added to the fleet, available at level 7, but the class quests on the starter world don't give comms, but the complete set costs 48 comms, so by time you can afford the set you are massively over level for it, I was 15 by time I left Korriban as it was.

I would suggest that you just make these quest reward items for the starter worlds, even if it means you can equip a couple pieces a bit early. It would be a great way to get players into the Mod system and teach about appropriate stats.

Alts are your friends... :) It is easy enough to buy that armor with a lvl 60 alt and mail it to your new toon, ready to use at lvl 7. :)

Maybe this feature was more intended for players who have been through the side quests, and other things so they could level alts to max level a lot faster.

That being said, the beginning planets are quite easy enough for you to just use gear that drops from mobs.

To the OP, I would submit the ticket on this if you haven't already. You will probably get a faster response to the issue that way than putting it in here and waiting on a dev to see it.

But odds are, we won't see this fixed this time around. It will probably be corrected for the next XP bonus session unless these changes are permanent.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.