Wishing storylines could stay true to form for force wielders

xordevoreaux

Okay, on Taris, my sage used the force to rip open a blast door because some possessed master had torn open a poisonous gas line and people needed saving. The door was huge, about 4 times taller than he was, and thick, and very wide. Ripped. Open. To. Pieces.

So. We fast forward to Ziost, where the very same sage has to pick up a shoulder-based cannon that's on the floor so he can blast his way through a door to keep moving (same on Alderaan, had to pick up a shoulder-based cannon to destroy the controls located on 4 pylons to bring down a force field keeping Ughol or whatever his name was behind a force field).

Now, I understand from a story development piece that the story area in question is generic which means non-force-wielding classes are subject to the same conditions as the force-wielding ones, hence, the force-blind types need a cannon.

But it just seems a bit odd just from a superficial experience that we were shown to be totally awesome with the force at level 22 on Taris and at level 60 we must resort to a cannon. I know what happened, we got old. The force apparition of Rajavari materializes in front of you to say: "You're old now, dude. Skip the force, hit the prune juice."

A few things. First meta...the scene you refer to on Taris is a full on cut scene if I remember right. The Ziost event you mention is something that needs to be actively done. Its similar to a fight on Alderaan in one of the side quests. Before you can attack the boss you have to destroy shield generators with a rocket launcher. To make the ring event "equal" between all classes you need to make the Jedi have to kill the same mobs that guard the rocket launchers. If you don't do this then the non-force users have to do more "work" to succeed.

Second you can rationalize this, in game. This is an Empire "gate way world" and the Emperor himself is standing against you. It would not be outside of all imagination that there are things that would restrict other force users on the planet.

The main point however is number 1. This is NOT a BW:TOR single player game. It is an MMO where you play alongside people playing non-force users. In a game like this, if a scene is not going to be part of a solo scripted and class specific experience but rather a "shared" experience, in the interests of keeping a sense of balance, you need what they have.

In that same building, though, force users were able to force jump up the elevator shaft and across that gap. Non-force users had a booster jump thing instead. That was nice at least.

In that same building, though, force users were able to force jump up the elevator shaft and across that gap. Non-force users had a booster jump thing instead. That was nice at least.

The animations were the same however...they just added the flames to the boots of my trooper and agent. From a pure coding stand point the two are little different. It also fails to acknowledge the "find a way to.." part of the quest. If you can just wave you hand and "kablooie" that part of the quest is done.