question about the yavin stronghold

noobchoco

I've asked around since months ago about what planet people wished the next stronghold would be. Not one person said Yavin.

Most common ones I've heard were ones like dromund kaas/tython, alderaan, hoth. I don't dislike Yavin I was just given the impression strongholds would be released based on what players like. Are there a lot of Yavin lovers I'm not aware of?

I was saving up credits hoping for one of the more commonly mentioned strongholds =/

Edited by noobchoco

I think I saw one person say Yavin, at least. I'd like it more in a different era. My inquisitor might can do something with it. Those waterfalls are pretty cool.

I just hope they give a good lore reason for Republic players to have a stronghold there. I don't think the coalition is a good enough one.

You weren't looking if you never saw Alderaan requested.

There were alot of threads weeks ago. You can send me the link because i couldn't find anything.

Edit: Found a few in older threads, but there it wasn't Alderaan only, alot were requested.

Edited by ShenLongKazama

So is this stronghold out now or is Yavin just going to be where it is when the next stronghold does comes out. I ask because I have not seen it available on fleet or seen it on yavin yet.

Personally while I have no objection to Yavin, I would have preferred the stronghold on a planet where there is no quick travel option to already. .

Edited by DreadtechSavant

I never seen anyone requesting Alderaan, the most requested Strongholds were Rishi, Yavin 4 and Hoth. And it's good that they chose one of the interesting planets. :)

See, this is the problem... people only remember others asking for the planets they themselves like.

I've seen Alderaan several times before.

And very rarely is there ever a request for just one planet... it's usually in the shape of "I'd love a stronghold on Hoth. Or maby Rishi or Yavin".

Alderaan is much requested. Yavin 4 not much. Yavin 4 in the middle of the Revanite war zone is a ridiculous place to put a stronghold. It would have been much better placed on Rishi and would have made a lot more sense. Yavin 4 makes about as much sense as Corellia with what's happening in the game. Edited by AlaricSevGirl

Alderaan is much requested. Yavin 4 not much. Yavin 4 in the middle of the Revanite war zone is a ridiculous place to put a stronghold. It would have been much better placed on Rishi and would have made a lot more sense. Yavin 4 makes about as much sense as Corellia with what's happening in the game.

this is a thought i agree with, stronghold feels like a "home" resting place, don't see how Yavin 4 makes sense

Alderaan is much requested. Yavin 4 not much. Yavin 4 in the middle of the Revanite war zone is a ridiculous place to put a stronghold. It would have been much better placed on Rishi and would have made a lot more sense. Yavin 4 makes about as much sense as Corellia with what's happening in the game.

And Alderaan is in the middle of a civil war... why would that be better or more restful than Yavin?

And Alderaan is in the middle of a civil war... why would that be better or more restful than Yavin?

because for all the civil war - its still a planet famous for its food, culture, etc.

now, personally, I wanted either Rishi or Manaan. Yavin is ok I suppose, it IS pretty, it just makes less sense to me than Rishi, same as the poster you replied to.

I like Rishi or Rakata Prime, that would have been a nice option also. But I like Yavin 4 a lot. I'm looking forward to it. It' makes sense to me, because the way I see it, we ran the Revanites off, and if any of them show up, by the Force we'll take 'em out. Yavin is ours now. :D

Edited by Lunafox

Yeah, for me Rishi make sense not Yavin and i never heared or thought about it my self.

We will see what comes out of Yavin SH anyway hope it will be great and cheap not expensive like Tatooine.

Edited by saremun

The most I've heard are, in no particular order:

• Mannan - for its cool underwater effect
  • Alderaan - pretty mountain views
  • Hoth - can't remember why
  • Voss - colorful scenery
  • Rishi - already has everything and cool underworld (pirate) atmosphere
  • Rakata Prime - beautiful beaches

Of them my favorite would have been Rishi. It already has an active city hub with all the vendors, class trainers, & crew skill trainers. Only thing missing is the item modification station and gtn. Of which both could have been placed in the section of Rishi that has not been utilized. An entire dock is there just taking up space.

With Yavin IV being the new stronghold, when you click on the Travel to Planet button they will have to add all that stuff that is missing to the small landing pad section, which is already cramped. Along with the Stronghold Public listing board and what ever else I'm forgetting.

Yeah, I've maybe only heard 1 or 2 people requesting Yavin IV so have no idea why Bioware went with that place. Again, it's just them being out of touch with us.

Edited by Banthabreeder

I like Rishi or Rakata Prime, that would have been a nice option also. But I like Yavin 4 a lot. I'm looking forward to it. It' makes sense to me, because the way I see it, we ran the Revanites off, and if any of them show up, by the Force we'll take 'em out. Yavin is ours now. :D

Rakata prime would be nice too but I don't think you can fly their via your ship. It's an instance.

Reminds me of WoW's garrison. You're in the middle of enemy territory and put down a quick, sloppy palisade to establish a foothold. As time goes on, you become an indomitable fortress.

Obviously, Yavin's won't work exactly like this, but if you put it in this context (There's a bunch of Revanites still stuck on this planet - You need to establish a foothold so they don't spread again!) then it at least makes some sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.