Crafting UI shows incorrect units of a craftable item.

GuerillaTech

I have had this also, still bioware can not patch something without breaking something else.

Experiencing this issue as well. And, ain't that the truth? I enjoy playing SWTOR, but I still don't understand how aspects of the game are always broken after major patches.

With the new changes implemented in the Crafting UI while welcome, have introduced a new bug that is a little annoying to deal with. The crafting menu reports an incorrect number of how many units you can make per item.

Example Image.

Hopefully they fix this soon

In the mean time there is an easy work around if you havent stumbled on this yet: just start something, anything to craft and than cancel it

The totals will update themselves to be correct for everything. Once it's fixed it seems to stay fixed until you close the crafting window

Experiencing this issue as well. And, ain't that the truth? I enjoy playing SWTOR, but I still don't understand how aspects of the game are always broken after major patches.

It's the risk of many people working on the same content.

It's actually really easy to understand if you know how modular programming is done. I'm not sure how to explain it in laymans terms though.

I don't know who they have organizing their checkout procedures but basically it's very easy to mismanage sections that are being worked on. If one person fixes something and than someone else sticks back in a module they were working on that contains both their own changes along with older code they needed to support their changes. One set is going to over write the other.

In well managed teams you don't pull modules that someone else already has out for changes and you put them back on a tight schedule so that everyone keeps working only with the latest builds.

I can only imagine the SWTOR team is less organized. I've watched a few times as changes brought in bring back old bugs that were previously fixed. This would happen if the person who brought in the most recent change was using an older module of software that hadn't been updated since the previous batch of fixes was put in. Thus the old overwrites the new.

With SWTOR this happens most commonly with large patches. You can basically tell that whoever made the latest Ziost patch was using a build of the game from a few months ago. Putting it out rolled back sets of fixes that had been done by the bug fix team. Simple things like fixing the quick travel point in the bar on Rishi that were fixed and put out live but didnt exist in the module being used by the Ziost team.

That would happen if the bug fix team pulled their working set and finished it and put it back in After the Ziost team pulled theirs,

Hopefully that made some sense.

It's the risk of many people working on the same content.

Hopefully that made some sense.

It makes sense, it just doesn't seem like a studio with a massive budget for a massive game such as this should regularly have these problems. There's always going to be bugs, that we realize. But this constant roll-back of bug fixes because of teams working on outdated modules is maddening and it's happened more than a "few" times. It's counter-productive. If anyone wonders why we don't have more updates and larger updates it's because of this constant rehashing of old work by BW.

The management over at BW Austin is TERRIBLE. They need a better process in place for managing their asset teams coding work. This type of thing would be understandable for a new company with a new MMO, not an established company 3+ years into one...