Wee bit of advice

lord_valdor

Morning all, or afternoon depending on where you are...anyway I'm currently rocking an arsenal merc and I absolutely love it, I literally face roll most content (exception of the new ops) but I come here for a quick question.

I'm rocking all agile mods and 4x proficient enhancements (all my armour is 192 to save any confusion) and 3x adept enhancements. My earpiece is the deceiver boltblaster mk-1 and my implants are anodyne hawkeye mk-2 I believe. This has my accuracy at just over 100%, which is good but I'm wondering if its worth me swapping out my 2x agile mods on my MH and OH and getting a mod with crit instead.

It occurred me to yesterday as I was crafting my implants that once I replace my current ones I'll lose what little crit I had, so in your humble opinions is it worth it having some crit. I know some here might say replace it all but I'm happy with how the rest of the armour looks in terms of mods and I've spent a sh*t load in elites getting the gear to mix and match.

So thoughts?

After I finished writing this I realised I could just swap out one of my +41 power crystals for a crit crystal or do both crystals.

Edited by lord_valdor

Until you're in full 198 and working on optimization to squeeze out that last few bits of DPS, Crit and Power are essentially equal, point for point, at increasing damage. I ran a quick analysis on the DPS simulator and showed that 600 Crit produces the same damage as if you had put all 600 of those points into Power.

Now, if you're over 1000 Crit, you'll want to start bringing that down as you continue to upgrade your gear.

Until you're in full 198 and working on optimization to squeeze out that last few bits of DPS, Crit and Power are essentially equal, point for point, at increasing damage. I ran a quick analysis on the DPS simulator and showed that 600 Crit produces the same damage as if you had put all 600 of those points into Power.

Now, if you're over 1000 Crit, you'll want to start bringing that down as you continue to upgrade your gear.

why on earth would anyone have 1000 crit? there is a critical hit rating cap in this game and I believe it is well under the 1000 point threshold...

Personally I find slotting in 2 Advanced Cartel Eviscerating Crystals (1 off hand, 1 main hand) to be more than sufficient on the crit rating front when combined with the Criical Rating Buff that you get for reaching Chapter 2 on a Agent / Smuggler.

Edited by XantosCledwin