can't switch to railgun weapon on sgs-s1 condor ship

joeninego

i can't figure out how to switch the secondary weapon on my sgs-s1 condor ship between the rail gun and short range missiles. i already have a comet breaker, and on that you just used the 1 key to switch, but on the sgs-s1 condor 1 does something else, not sure what, but the problem is that i don't know what to press or click to change the secondary weapon, can someone help me?

That's what I hate about the condor, you can't tell by looking at the screen if it's on Interdiction or rail, I have been killed many times because I think I'm on Interdiction and when I go to lock on I stop and die. If that changed I would probably fly it more. You just have to right click if the rail doesn't come up press 1 and right click again.

I have found that when switching from rail to cluster it does not always take. Don't know why but it sticks on rail way more than cluster to rail. Which leads me to be killed also when trying to switch. I have also noticed that the circles designating which component you are on are very similar and confusing. Sometimes it will show no circles at all and sometimes it will show two different circles which are very close to the same size.

I also find in the fog of battle its totally my fault by not remembering which I was on or just hitting the button too many times too. But I have noticed it sticking when I am not being pressured.

So in conclusion it seems to be operator error and the laggg monster rearing its ugly head. ;)

That's what I hate about the condor, you can't tell by looking at the screen if it's on Interdiction or rail, I have been killed many times because I think I'm on Interdiction and when I go to lock on I stop and die. If that changed I would probably fly it more. You just have to right click if the rail doesn't come up press 1 and right click again.

The icon of each weapon looks different and the currently active weapon is shown on the keybar for your mouse buttons. There are exceptions to this (cartel ships for example) but Slug Rail and Interdiction Missile look clearly different.

Yes, all four weapons on the condor are visibly different, AND all of the missile icons display a number when they are active. The type 3 gunship is 100% clear about what is selected.

i can't figure out how to switch the secondary weapon on my sgs-s1 condor ship between the rail gun and short range missiles

My suspicion is that you actually set your condor to two lock on weapons. The 1 button is indeed the default hotkey, but go to your hangar screen and select your Condor. The screen that looks vaguely like the components tab of:

http://dulfy.net/2013/11/16/swtor-galactic-starfighter/

On that screen, your upper left blue box has your primary weapon ("Burst Laser Cannon"), then beneath that your first Secondary weapon, then underneath that your second Secondary weapon. One of those two should say Slug Railgun. If both are missiles, then there's your problem.