Parsing / dps as a PT tank?

HBCentaurion

How much do you guys parse (or DPS in an average single target boss fight) as a PT ShieldTech with tanking gear?

I've been checking the leaderboards at Parsley and the highest parse is at 3.7k DPS. I'm inclined to call BS on that (the person probably was in DPS-gear and not in tanking gear).

In Ravagers / TOS HM I average around 1.4-1.9k DPS on boss fights in 192 gear. Any idea on what kind of DPS I should be aiming at?

Edited by HBCentaurion

How much do you guys parse (or DPS in an average single target boss fight) as a PT ShieldTech with tanking gear?

I've been checking the leaderboards at Parsley and the highest parse is at 3.7k DPS. I'm inclined to call BS on that (the person probably was in DPS-gear and not in tanking gear).

In Ravagers / TOS HM I average around 1.4-1.9k DPS on boss fights in 192 gear. Any idea on what kind of DPS I should be aiming at?

Don't care. DPS isn't tanks job, worry about Threat and keeping boss occupied. Anything you do bring to the table is a cherry ontop of the Sundae but shouldn't be any sort of priority.

Ehhh like 2k on parses but it varies between boss fights. Like on Sword Squadron it depends whether I'm tanking Unit 1 or 2 as the shield down time can drop by DPS to about 1.2k. while other fights like Torque I can get around ~2k.

while dps isn't a tanks primary task, tank dps is still important in challenging content. It can absolutely make the difference between a passed dps check and a failed one, if the tank pulls ~2k dps instead of 1.2k dps, just like a DPS that does 4k dps instead of 3.2k dps.

the boss does not care where the dmg comes from, so if you can push more dmg as a tank without failling the mechanics of the encounter you should absolutely do so.

for reference dps numbers:

theese numbers obviously depend on the strat your group uses and your specific role in that strat. My parses for shieldtech in full Tank Gear (with tank stim and no DPS adrenals, gear is full 198 without mainhand and using full B mods and a comm implant) are the #1 or #2 parses on parsely for multiple HM bosses, so they give a rough guess at what is possible. I only uploaded a few tanking logs though, so the numbers likely aren't even my best numbers. On a few encounters though I took some smaller risks to increase dps and might have taken some extra dmg for it. You can substract like 50-100dps from theese numbers to be sure they are possible without that extra dmg, if you like, altough I'm doubt that it gave that much extra.

Ravagers (numbers are not that stellar, I verly likely have some logs lying around with a lot better ones)

Sparky: 2.1k dps

Bulo: 1.75k dps

torque: 2.15k dps (I recall 2.3-2.4k on good attempts)

Blaster: 1.45k dps (remember a pull with ~1.7k where I only tanked blaster the entire 2nd phase)

Coratanni: would need to check logs, as parsely has no data (~1.5k from memory while tanking bird the entire time)

ToS: (numbers should be quite good here)

Malaphar: 3.3k dps (adds tanked close to boss for some time)

squadron: 2.05k dps (with tank swapps. unload was around back then, but it I had 2k+ parses since then as well)

Underlurker: always respec DPS for the fight. haven't done that in tank spec for months

Revanites: would need to check logs, as parsely has no data

Revan: no kill yet (getting close though)

Edited by meisterjedi