BUG - Graphic glitching upon launch after alt-tabbing

JMullane

This bug involves the game's UI undergoing a total graphic glitch-out upon launch.

When launching the game, if you alt-tab out of the program for a few minutes as soon as the first loading screen appears, sometimes upon re-maximizing the game you will find the whole screen has entered a glitched state.

This state for me usually consists of a softly blurred red background with two lines of small yellow rectangles (probably glitched text characters) at the center of the screen. If you alt-tab in and out of the game, the text will re-render at different angles (seems to move from 90 degrees to 145, 180, and so on each time I alt-tab). But the UI will remain glitched.

Sound works fine, and the mouse appears normal. A loading screen appears after maximizing the game briefly and correctly before showing the glitched UI.

It seems you can mouseover the intended positions of UI elements and click on them, and the click sounds will play. Sometimes when mousing over certain things some rectangles will turn blue, and sometimes the entire soft red background will turn bright blue or pink. But only force quitting and restarting the client will fix the glitched state.

Pressing Ctrl+U will show the 3D character selection part of the loading screen, but no UI elements. Pressing Ctrl+U a second time pops up the blurred background again.

It appears that UI textures and shapes are loading improperly in the background when the game is minimized during initial loading, and the game has no way of rerendering the UI properly without a restart.

This bug is easily reproducable for me by Alt-Tabbing as soon as I launch the game client, then re-maximizing the client about 1 minute later.