The Bolster system and PvP.

Ceasaigh

I PvP ALOT.

I see a lot of people que'ing for reg war zones with less than 2018 exp. One look at their gear and you can see why. There using the 178 blues you get from the Rishi vendor.

This is not for the PvE toon with all 198 gear that is just running War zones to get credits or do the daily.

This is for the PvP'er that wants to be competitive while they gear there toon. Getting all 168 PvP gear doesn't take long, but it can be frustrating when people look at your gear and give you **** for having 965 exp. Having 2018 exp makes you hit harder and take less damage from those with max expertise. I can always tell the people in war zones who have sub 2018 exp, there the ones I hit for 17K on my Power Tech. And I seek them out the entire match for the loz.

So what is the best way to gear a new 60 in PvP while getting your 168 gear?

Simple, don't put anything in a slot above item level 162. Green blue or purple 162 max. Don't mix and match, for example don't have 162 Purple's in your weapon and use a War Hero crystal , same for off hand. Use a power or Crit one. Ear piece Implants and Relics from the 55 basic com vendor on fleet. The Black Market stuff, and don't leave your relic slots open. Fill with with something anything.

While doing chapter 4 and leveling take the basic comms as the quest reward. Along the way you get 3 or 4 +99 Comm crates. Save up the Basic comm's so you can get the Black Market stuff. It will give 2018 exp and you will make everyone on your team happy.

Edited by Ceasaigh

178 is the easiest thing you can get for a level 60 right now. There's even anm dedicated NPC vendor on the fleet gor that - or for 168.

178 is - I think - for most people good, because it makes them still competitive in PvE. Which you very much aren't in 162 on Yavin 4, and I think on Rishi as well ?

I PvP ALOT.

I see a lot of people que'ing for reg war zones with less than 2018 exp. One look at their gear and you can see why. There using the 178 blues you get from the Rishi vendor.

This is not for the PvE toon with all 198 gear that is just running War zones to get credits or do the daily.

This is for the PvP'er that wants to be competitive while they gear there toon. Getting all 168 PvP gear doesn't take long, but it can be frustrating when people look at your gear and give you **** for having 965 exp. Having 2018 exp makes you hit harder and take less damage from those with max expertise. I can always tell the people in war zones who have sub 2018 exp, there the ones I hit for 17K on my Power Tech. And I seek them out the entire match for the loz.

So what is the best way to gear a new 60 in PvP while getting your 168 gear?

Simple, don't put anything in a slot above item level 162. Green blue or purple 162 max. Don't mix and match, for example don't have 162 Purple's in your weapon and use a War Hero crystal , same for off hand. Use a power or Crit one. Ear piece Implants and Relics from the 55 basic com vendor on fleet. The Black Market stuff, and don't leave your relic slots open. Fill with with something anything.

While doing chapter 4 and leveling take the basic comms as the quest reward. Along the way you get 3 or 4 +99 Comm crates. Save up the Basic comm's so you can get the Black Market stuff. It will give 2018 exp and you will make everyone on your team happy.

Using any gear higher than 162 is detrimental... Do not use gear 168-198... Ever!!

Educate people you see doing this... Most are greatful if you are polite and explain it correctly

The set up is all 162 gear if you have it or 156 if you don't... Weapons are different, you can only have one 162 piece, either hilt/barrel, Armor, mod, enhancement... The other pieces need to be 148... But you should have a +41 power/endurance/Crit crystal equiped (do not use a expertise one until you get your PVP main hand and offhand)

Please read this thread and point others to it for how to gear properly with PVE gear to get 2018 expertise until you start to get PVP gear

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=795518

FYI... You can get 162 gear from doing the pre-revan quest chain... They are greens, but the same stats as 162 purples... You can run these instances multiple times if you want and because they are green, the Armor isn't locked into any slot piece, so you can put glove items in legs etc... You can also get 162 items using basic Comms at the lvl 55 fleet vendor... Use these to get ear, implants... Don't waste them getting Armor you can get easily from the pre-revan instances

So I have a set of PvE gear I use for pvp, all 162. I only just started purchasing pvp gear as I just got to 60, will it ever be a problem using the PvP gear as I get it in place of my 162? Or is the bolster system per piece? As of now I bought two pvp relics but haven't had a chance to queue with them yet to see how I bolster now. Is there a better order to getting the PvP gear, or does it not matter?

So I have a set of PvE gear I use for pvp, all 162. I only just started purchasing pvp gear as I just got to 60, will it ever be a problem using the PvP gear as I get it in place of my 162? Or is the bolster system per piece? As of now I bought two pvp relics but haven't had a chance to queue with them yet to see how I bolster now. Is there a better order to getting the PvP gear, or does it not matter?

Bolster works on each "whole" piece... Not set... Just remember not to mix any expertise mods, enhancements, etc in with PVE items... ie, don't put PVP expertise crystal into a PVE weapon with PVE mods

Also... Get your PVP main and off hand next

Edited by Icykill_